MVP Baseball 2005

One thing I did tonight was played a game in the Polo grounds using the Legends and Hereos teams, that Katie Roy unlocked for me. That was a blast. I played a friend and won 1-0 in 13 innings, only because we decided to throw each other first pitch fastballs down the middle on every hitter starting in the 12th inning. Hitting the likes of Satchel Paige, Bob Feller, and Walter Johnson was impossible. Satchel made me look UGLY!!!

It was a lot of fun though, but hard as hell.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
20 freakin seasons?? You sound like me with NCAA Football.  It's pretty sad, I know.  lol

My old roommate used to get pissed at me when ever I simmed seasons for 3 hours in a row . Always asked me, "do you actually ever play? All you do is make trades." lol

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Go to "Edit Player", it'd under "Roster" or something like that.

You can do it in your franchise mode, too, which is pretty cool...

SO thats how youre team got good,

and no wonder why Borchard was a 99 at everything...

I have a player J. Allen who's originally a CF prospect in FA. Got him, developed him in the minors for 2 years, brought him up and changed his position as a 2b and he's one 4 GG and 5 silver slugger awards. His contact is 100 and his speed is a 98. His power is in the 70's as well. The whole left side of my infield are GGers.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 05:28 AM)
I have a player J. Allen who's originally a CF prospect in FA. Got him, developed him in the minors for 2 years, brought him up and changed his position as a 2b and he's one 4 GG and 5 silver slugger awards. His contact is 100 and his speed is a 98. His power is in the 70's as well. The whole left side of my infield are GGers.

I didn't pick him up that first year, and now I can't find him. Don't see him on any rosters nor on any free agent lists. Oh well.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the computer catching almost all of your line drives???

I can barely get one out of the infield and screamers that should be extra bases get caught standing up.

Is there a solution anywhere???

Change the "CPU Infielder Speed" in the sliders to like -15.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the computer catching almost all of your line drives???

I can barely get one out of the infield and screamers that should be extra bases get caught standing up.

Is there a solution anywhere???

You could also get some sliders that changes the game around a little but will make it more realistic.

I'm really struggling playing at the All-Star level for some reason. Can anybody PM me a good set of sliders for All-Star level? My problems in a nutshell are hitting and the pitching not being forgiving enough. It doesn't need to be as easy as Pro, but I am finding the pitcher losing stamina way too fast and the slightest miss on the pitch meter causing a fat pitch that gets crushed. And last night I threw a 79 mph changed up on the outside corner at the knees (had the right location) and a .250 hitter with 1 HR on the season pulled the ball 390 out of the yard to straight LF.

Rex, I'll post my All-Star sliders in the next couple days.

For pitching, the only thing I can suggest is to change your speeds time to time. I've found it very helpful -- to do that, instead of letting the meter go all the way to the green, let it go a little early. Don't do it for a fastball, but it generally works with your offspeed stuff.

Other than that, all I can really say is on All-Star, you have to pitch accurately, and with hitting, you gotta take some pitches.

I'm still playing w/ the pro-sliders I posted awhile ago on here.

I'm doing a fantasy draft w/ the sox.

Record: (20-8), Played: (11-3) Managed: (9-5)

C-Piazza

1b-Helton

2b-Castillo

SS-Eckstein

3b-Boone

LF-Hairston Jr.

CF-Griffey

RF-Kearns

SPs:

Buehrle

V. Zambrano

Sabathia

Alvarez

Daal

RPs:

Bautista

borowski

yates

aquina

BIG 3:

Mota

Gordon

Percival

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
I'm still playing w/ the pro-sliders I posted awhile ago on here.

I'm doing a fantasy draft w/ the sox.

Record: (20-8), Played: (11-3) Managed: (9-5)

C-Piazza

1b-Helton

2b-Castillo

SS-Eckstein

3b-Boone

LF-Hairston Jr.

CF-Griffey

RF-Kearns

SPs:

Buehrle

V. Zambrano

Sabathia

Alvarez

Daal

RPs:

Bautista

borowski

yates

aquina

BIG 3:

Mota

Gordon

Percival

I like your team. One tip I have is to get rid of Piazza. I drafted him and then realized how big his contract was. IIRC it was around $10 mil. I traded him and a prospect or two to get Joe Mauer. Mauer still has 2 years on his contract too, which is around $2-3 mil. Omar Daal is 13-1 for me in July and has been an absolute stud.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
My old roommate used to get pissed at me when ever I simmed seasons for 3 hours in a row .  Always asked me, "do you actually ever play? All you do is make trades."  lol

haha people say that to me all the time and im just like

"Sometimes I just wanna sim seasons so I can recruit and do all that stuff" and they never get it..

It's kind of stupid for me to go through all 65 pages here, but I just got the game and I'm tryin to make the rosters accurate. I don't have online either.

Can anyone post the CAP they got from the roster updates for Tad Iguchi? Or at least an official one.

Thanks.

http://www.fanfaregames.com/mvp/player_info.php?ID=212

CRAZY game in my dynasty.

Angels up 3-2 in the top of the 9th.

Koch (lol) comes in to close it for them.

With 1 out, helton gets a single, next batter advancing him to 2nd.

So tying run on 2nd, 2 out.

Koch goes to pick me off, he has me beaten, SS drops the ball.

Next Pitch: Bloop goes into right, falling just before the RF, I score by a millisecond.

Next batter: hits an easy grounder to the SS, who bobbles it.

I go on to score 3 more runs in the inning. Capping off my first win in about 5 games, breaking my team out of its slump.

Poor billy, can't catch a break anywhere.

Alrighty, here's my All-Star sliders. I dunno if anyone is actually going to use them, but I said that eventually I'd get around to posting them. Here they are:

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -13

Pitch Speed: 0

CPU Ball Rate: 0

User Pitch. Fatigue: 0

CPU Pitch. Fatigue: -7 (Could be even less than that, adjust at your own playing.)

User Pitch Control: -5

CPU Pitch Control: -9

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Bat. Contact: 14 (Start it off at the mid-20s, and as you get better, lower it.)

CPU Batting Contact 33 (Probably could go up some -- when you feel more comfortable pitching, raise it.)

User Bat. Power: -1

CPU Bat. Power: 2

User Bunt: 0

CPU Bunt: 0

User & CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50 (Some real good AB's).

CPU Swing Frequency: 0 (Probably could be lowed for more realistic K numbers).

User OF Speed (Manual and MVP): -7

CPU OF Speed: -16

User IF Speed (Manual and MVP): -10

CPU IF Speed: -20

User Throw Speed: 2

CPU Throw Speed: -14

User & CPU Throw Accuracy: 0

User & CPU Catch Errors: 0

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -15

User Baserun. Speed: -2

CPU Baserun. Speed: -4

User Run Agression: 5

CPU Run. Agressioin: 8

User Runner Steal Speed: 4

CPU Runn. Steal Speed: 0

User & CPU Run. Steal Delay: 0

CPU Steal Rate: 8

Injury Frequencies: (Anywhere from 2-4, whatever you feel like)

Pitching MG Difficulty: 0

Offensively, you gotta learn to take pitches. If you actually try to do so, you can actually draw 3-4 walks a game without doing much. I'm still tweaking them, I'm still winning a little to easily, but hopefully I'll figure it out.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:01 AM)
CRAZY game in my dynasty.

Angels up 3-2 in the top of the 9th.

Koch (lol) comes in to close it for them.

With 1 out, helton gets a single, next batter advancing him to 2nd.

So tying run on 2nd, 2 out.

Koch goes to pick me off, he has me beaten, SS drops the ball.

Next Pitch: Bloop goes into right, falling just before the RF, I score by a millisecond. 

Next batter: hits an easy grounder to the SS, who bobbles it.

I go on to score 3 more runs in the inning.  Capping off my first win in about 5 games, breaking my team out of its slump.

Poor billy, can't catch a break anywhere.

Jeez, who was the SS? Valentin?

I dont know if this has been posted yet I went back through and looked and didnt see anything. From XBOX.com

AJ Pierzynski and Jermaine Dye of the Chicago White Sox and Todd Helton of the Colorado Rockies will be online on Tuesday, March 29, 2005, from 5:00 to 8:00 P.M. Pacific (8:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. Eastern). Take a look at your Xbox Live Dashboard on March 29 to find out what Gamertag they'll be using.