Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarhead was a C+ film, that's why many people didn't like it, and Crash was it's slightly more credible older brother. The whole genre of Magnolia immitators is getting old.

I get it that these events really do happen. I don't buy it for a second that it manages to happen to 8 people who are all connected so closely.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
Jarhead was a C+ film, that's why many people didn't like it, and Crash was it's slightly more credible older brother. The whole genre of Magnolia immitators is getting old.

I get it that these events really do happen. I don't buy it for a second that it manages to happen to 8 people who are all connected so closely.

i thought those 2 were the best films of the year.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
you probably never even saw Crash.  Don't comment on something you haven't watched.  Most people agree with me on Crash.

I liked crash. But whenever i think of you i think of you liking s***ty movies and saying they are ''smart''.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Saw King Kong today.  I thought it was great.

They really did not need all of the first hour. Half hour... maybe fourty minutes was needed. But what i came for was to see king kong beat the s*** out of other things so i cannot complain with that. But this is gonna be one of those movies that when people go back over it they will realize there are about 10,000 little flaws.

The main one was when he was on the little icy pond or whatever it was. He weighs like five f***ing tons and he is running on it and sliding on it. Nah, he wouldn't break through now would he?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
They really did not need all of the first hour. Half hour... maybe fourty minutes was needed. But what i came for was to see king kong beat the s*** out of other things so i cannot complain with that. But this is gonna be one of those movies that when people go back over it they will realize there are about 10,000 little flaws.

The main one was when he was on the little icy pond or whatever it was. He weighs like five f***ing tons and he is running on it and sliding on it. Nah, he wouldn't break through now would he?

you don't take logic into a film like this. If it was a serious dramatic film I would agree with you however it is not.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
you don't take logic into a film like this.  If it was a serious dramatic film I would agree with you however it is not.

Ya, f*** logic, who needs it. :rolly

You are amazing (in a not so good way)with movies. Some ( everything actually) of the things you say boggle the f*** out of my mind.

Well when a movie is about King Kong who is a giant gorilla.... I tend to ignore facts like why isnt the ice breaking lol.... the one thing I thought was dumb was why was the arm shooting a missile at him when there was a human in his hand. And than those planes shooting machine gun bullets when a human is there.... they would all of been arrested for that crap.... or at least dishonarbly discharged or whatevr.....

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
We can't have opinions these days? You boggle the f*** out of my mind.

Sure, if your opinion ever makes sense i do not mind. But when you continuously do not make any sense and say the same thing over and over? Then it gets annoying.

You apparently have not been on much since the arrival of white sox josh.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
Sure, if your opinion ever makes sense i do not mind. But when you continuously do not make any sense and say the same thing over and over? Then it gets annoying.

You apparently have not been on much since the arrival of white sox josh.

No I really haven't.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
King Kong was a good, good movie.  Loved Jack Black's role, the graphics, and haven't seen that many people cry in a movie theatre in a long, long time.

Thumbs up.

Worth sitting there for three hours, eh? I have a hard time sitting through any movie, let alone a three hour one.

I know this sounds retarded, but I thought it got ridiculous once they went to New York. Sure thats the famous part of the movie, but eh.

It was alright, the time they are on the island was pretty cool. I got antsy during the final half an hour or so.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
I haven't seen it yet, but I have a couple questions.

How is Jack Black in a serious role?  I actually thought he's capable of it, so I wanted to see what other people think.

Does King Kong die in the end?

I thought it'd be weird seeing him in a role like this, especially since his assistant in the movie is Colin Hanks. So I kind of thought about Orange County the first couple times they were on screen together. I have a hard time imagining someone else play Black's role in this one.