AJ Pierzynski news

Southside hitmen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right. If there is one thing KW has zero tolerance for is guy who might have the wrong or unprofessional attitude in any way.

Who was that reliever who was with us like 2 days last year? We brought him into a game and he went ape s*** on the ump after a bad call and got thrown out of the game. The next day K Dubs sent him packing. Kenny don't F around.

So much for all the people talking about our backup. Ben Freakin Davis is our starter.

Hello 500 OPS, Hello 214 BA. Hello Paul Bako numbers for our starter.

Its a good day to be a sox fan.

The money we saved not giving AJ a contract will be well worth it come July

We are running this season like Wimpy from the Popeye cartoons. I will gladly pay you in July for coming to the park today.

In fact, Williams denied a report that the White Sox had offered a contract to their former foe from Minnesota.

"That is false. We never made him an offer," said Williams of the pursuit of Pierzynski. "We were doing some background work, some research on him, and determined he was not a fit with the White Sox."

Pierzynski, who turns 28 on Dec. 30, is a career .294 hitter with 151 RBIs combined in the last two years. His personality, though, was not believed to be a good mix for this White Sox team, which is trying to develop as one cohesive unit.

reinsdorf2.gif

reinsdorf5.gif

From www.whitesox.com

The White Sox tried to upgrade behind the plate earlier in the offseason, but a trade with Pittsburgh for Jason Kendall never materialized. Williams also squelched any rumors concerning the imminent signing of A.J. Pierzynski on Tuesday, stating that the White Sox will go to camp in Tucson with Davis and Burke.

In fact, Williams denied a report that the White Sox had offered a contract to their former foe from Minnesota.

"That is false. We never made him an offer," said Williams of the pursuit of Pierzynski. "We were doing some background work, some research on him, and determined he was not a fit with the White Sox."

So we have our catchers for the season.  KW now has to find a middle infielder and another starting pitcher.  He's saved like 9 million over the last two weeks.  I guess the rest of the offseason will prove to us what the motive was for the Carlos trade. Prove me wrong KW.

Alex Cora and a starting pitcher and I will sing the praises of successful off-season.

Until then, he's on my s*** list.

Now, we wait.

OK, so KW knew he wasn't going to sign AJ, and ran the risk of FA'ing Davis? WTF??? What if Red Sox or Dodgers liked their scouting reports for Davis and offerred him 1.5m??? Not that Davis is a great catcher, but there ain't much left on the market!! Unreal.... I have zero faith of any additional moves

OK, so KW knew he wasn't going to sign AJ, and ran the risk of FA'ing Davis?  WTF???  What if Red Sox or Dodgers liked their scouting reports for Davis and offerred him 1.5m???  Not that Davis is a great catcher, but there ain't much left on the market!!  Unreal....  I have zero faith of any additional moves

Pretty wild huh? KW gets lucky again.

OK, so KW knew he wasn't going to sign AJ, and ran the risk of FA'ing Davis?  WTF???  What if Red Sox or Dodgers liked their scouting reports for Davis and offerred him 1.5m???  Not that Davis is a great catcher, but there ain't much left on the market!!  Unreal....  I have zero faith of any additional moves

99% positive they had it pre arranged that he would resign for less.

davis isnt varitek people or aj. Davis would not get much in market and kenny will less amount of money he has would have use less amount to get catcher and still try get 5th starter. Theres alot people whitesox orginzation dont like AJ and their reports are true and he would would be trouble. Kenny has ideas people and isnt done with this offseason so just calm down. I rather have pitchers like who their catching to then hate him

He wasn't going to lose Davis. I'm sure they had some sort of idea what was going to happen when KW non-tendered him. They probably couldn't get the contract done by the deadline, and if KW offered him arbitration, the players association would have skewered him if he took a 33% cut. Plus, he has a chance to play a lot here. He might not find that anywhere else. If he plays like he played when he was hot, he will make a lot of money next year and beyond. If he hits like he did the rest of the season, you can take comfort in knowing the White Sox really are taking on a National League style, even having their ninth place hitter be an automatic out.

davis isnt varitek people or aj. Davis would not get much in market and kenny will less amount of money he has would have use less amount to  get catcher and still try get 5th starter. Theres alot people whitesox orginzation dont like AJ and their reports are true and he would would be trouble.  Kenny has ideas people and isnt done with this offseason so just calm down. I rather have pitchers like who their catching to then hate him

I agree that if the White Sox thought he was going to be an asshole and a problem on the team they souldn't have signed him... I'm just pissed that KW ran the risk of losing Davis at this point... 99% or not, the Cavs in the NBA had an agreement with Boozer that he would resign with them, then he bolted to the Jazz... s*** happens... I'm OK with Burke/Davis if KW does something else... but would have HATED Burke/whoever is left...

please enlighten us...

Page 2 of the Ben Davis is non-tendered thread, there was no less than 3 people saying that it was just a move so that Davis would sign for less money... acting like it was a risk that he would be anywhere else is naive. It's a standard move that plenty of teams perform. Complaining about it is just dumb... OMG, I'm so mad the sox saved money!!!