Contact Eckstein

S720

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This impending addition gives the White Sox five solid starters: Contreras, Hernandez, Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland. The team will continue to attempt an upgrade in the middle infield, with non-tendered free agents David Eckstein and Alex Cora on the radar.

Eckstein was a favorite of manager Ozzie Guillen's last season because of his grittiness and the manner in which he set up the offense at the top of the order. The diminutive shortstop made just six errors in the field during the 2004 season.

Go get him KW.

i got to think they are primarily going after eckstein... not only is he better than cora but he can play both ss and 2B but id have to think most of his time would be at 2B since his arm is a bit weak for SS.....also eckstein would look a lot better in our lineup over cora...

I wouldnt mind cora but eckstein has to be the priority of the two in my opinion.. he is the definition of what ozzie wants and KW said they were looking for.

like jason, I'm a fan of Harris, and while I'd start Eckstein over Harris when it's all said and done, I'd really like to see Harris get a legit chance.

thing is, if Eckstein is signed, would it make sense to keep Harris on the roster?

The only other position he can play is CF, but with Podsednik and Rowand, his value will be in stealing bases, but after last year's struggles, who knows if he can do that.

I'd personally like to see a platoon of Eckstein and Harris at second, but I think it'll be a lot easier to get Eckstein if a starting job was offered, which I would give to him if that what would make the deal happen.

If Crede starts of slow Id like to see Uribe at 3rd! Im sick of waiting and Uribe has quite a strong throwing arm! I also could see if Crede played some great D last year, but I think he was average at best!  :angry:

that is another possibility.

with a Cora of Eckstein, Uribe could play third and Harris could play second if Crede were to struggle.

Perhaps, if the Sox were to sign an Eckstein or Cora, they can guarantee a starting job to him and Uribe. and during ST, they let Harris and Crede go at it. If Harris outplays Crede, Harris plays second, Uribe plays third and Eckstein/Cora plays short. If Crede beats out Harris, Crede plays third, Uribe plays short and Eckstein/Cora plays second.

That only prob with that though is it would make for a tough spring for Uribe and Eckstein/Cora, as they would be playing two positions and won't be able to get set and fully adjusted to one.

i dont know much about cora, but eck would be a great addition. i dont think he bats #2 though. he would help the bottom of the lineup.

pod

rowand

thomas/everett

konerko

dye

uribe

crede

eckstein

davis

I think either lineup would be fine. I'd personally have Eckstein bat second with Rowand third...

#1-Podsednik, LF

#2-Eckstein, 2B

#3-Rowand, CF

#4-Konerko, 1B

#5-Everett, DH

#6-Dye, RF

#7-Crede, 3B

#8-Davis, C

#9-Uribe, SS

-Don't ask why I would have Uribe batting last, I just would for some reason.

i dont know much about cora, but eck would be a great addition. i dont think he bats #2 though. he would help the bottom of the lineup.

pod

rowand

thomas/everett

konerko

dye

uribe

crede

eckstein

davis

Having him bat 2 also helps the bottom of our lineup because it moves everyone down a slot.

im not positive but i dont think cora has played ss....which makes it all the better for us to sign eckstein because then we have insurance all around our infield...if uribe struggles eck goes to ss if harris struggles eck goes to 2B if crede struggles uribe goes to 3rd and eckstein goes to ss..... now only if we can sign eckstein and AJ than we have an actual complete team

Having him bat 2 also helps the bottom of our lineup because it moves everyone down a slot.

yeah. I'm a big believer on not overloading an offense. With this lineup, you have three scrappy guys at the top of the order followed by the three main RBI guys.

im not positive but i dont think cora has played ss....which makes it all the better for us to sign eckstein because then we have insurance all around our infield...if uribe struggles eck goes to ss if harris struggles eck goes to 2B if crede struggles uribe goes to 3rd and eckstein goes to ss..... now only if we can sign eckstein and AJ than we have an actual complete team

Cora can play short, he's just better suited for second.