We know it's Eckstein...

GoArow33

Does anyone know any other teams that possibly want Eckstein other than us? It's pretty obvious KW wants him because he is the perfect fit for the "grinder" type thing we have going on in Chicago. Also, if we do get Eckstein, when do you suppose it'd happen. My best bet is that it'll get done before Soxfest (I hope), so the majority of fans are going to be rather calm this year, as opposed to last season. This off-season's been pleasing to me so far, if we get Eckstein I'll stand behind Kenny because that would be doing everything you can for the team. It's probably hard to find players nowaday that actually want to play for the White Sox as a first choice, gotta give it up to KW. :headbang

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know any other teams that possibly want Eckstein other than us? It's pretty obvious KW wants him because he is the perfect fit for the "grinder" type thing we have going on in Chicago. Also, if we do get Eckstein, when do you suppose it'd happen. My best bet is that it'll get done before Soxfest (I hope), so the majority of fans are going to be rather calm this year, as opposed to last season. This off-season's been pleasing to me so far, if we get Eckstein I'll stand behind Kenny because that would be doing everything you can for the team. It's probably hard to find players nowaday that actually want to play for the White Sox as a first choice, gotta give it up to KW.  :headbang

There's 6-7 teams that could offer him a starting job at SS or 2nd and another 8 teams that'd love to have him as their utility IFer.

I'd absolutely love to get him but realistically our only chance at him would've been via trade.

Remember that the next time you feel the need to sing the praises of KW.

St Louis is hard up for middle infielders, we could very well be competeing with them.  Tampa Bay is also another possibility.

I don't understand why any player would want to play for Tampa Bay. The stadium is a dump. The fans don't come out to the games at all. St. Pete's is a ghost town.

I don't understand why any player would want to play for Tampa Bay.  The stadium is a dump.  The fans don't come out to the games at all.  St. Pete's is a ghost town.

LOL!!!

I don't understand why any player would want to play for the White Sox. The stadium is a dump. The fans don't come out to the games at all. The south side is a ghost town.

- Jay Marriotti

:P :P :P

The Cardinals need a shortstop pretty bad. But they had salary problems last year and even though they dumped Woody Williams, that money has already been spent on So Taguchi...oops i mean Mark Mulder. I think it'll depend on where he feels he'll get the most playing time. It also depends what kind of a sell job Ozzie and Kenny do to lure him here. Selling him on "grinders" could get him to come here. I still think he'll be here.

I can not understand the joy of CWS fans in trying to aquire a guy that has an OPS

What are you expecting of this 5'7" player?

He gets dirty. He plays hard. He's a great baserunner. He can bunt. He's the guy that'll run over a catcher, if he can. Players love to play with him, coaches love to coach him and fans love to watch him. Stats aren't ALWAYS the best way to measure a player.

He gets dirty.  He plays hard.  He's a great baserunner.  He can bunt.  He's the guy that'll run over a catcher, if he can.  Players love to play with him, coaches love to coach him and fans love to watch him.  Stats aren't ALWAYS the best way to measure a player.

well, he'll run INTO a catcher at least...

but I think Cora might be the way the Sox go since I believe he's Joey's brother... Family like bonds helped us with FG, (and after this offseason he is a STEAL), so maybe it will help with Cora.

For all of you who'd want Cora on this team, why?

We would be benching Willie Harris for a guy who is just as inconsistant offensively, not as good defensively, and not as quick on the basepaths and why because he's Joey Cora's brother. No way!

I want Eckstein or Cairo. Cora would just be like getting a slower Willie Harris.

How about both Eck and Cora? Cora to be utility. Eck to start at 2nd or SS. KW and Ozzie would want Eck for the grinder factor and it has been mentioned that the Sox have contacted his agent. Cora has family ties. This would give the Sox Crede insurance. Harris could be sent to AAA or traded in a package for a catcher upgrade. For the record, I vote for Eck due to attitude, World Series experience, and ideal #2 hitter.

Hey remember guys its the magical kenny williams....who couldnt land vizquel..clement...etc. etc.  everytime we want something...we get someone else...

I couldnt give two s***s what you want anyway. This team is improved from the team that missed the playoffs the last two years. Our pitching has never been this solid in the past 5-10 years. We needed a lead-off and we got one. We wanted a defensively superior outfield, and we have one. Cry me a river all you want, I want wins, you want fireworks (for hr's) go to indiana and buy yourself some bottle rockets if that helps. I'll be comfortable in my season ticket seats..