#2-Uribe

#3-Thomas/Dye

#4-Koney

#5-Dye/Everett

#6-Iguchi

#7-Rowand

#8-Crede

#9-C

I like him in the 6th spot.  Just ahead of Rowand.  I think Dye-Iguchi-Rowand is perfect for the rookie with promise.

The CWS would still need a utility player so I hope Cairo would still be in their plans.

I really don't like that lineup. I see Rowand being somewhere in the Top 5

Lets say they somehow sign Iguchi.

This is the lineup I would envision to start and when Thomas comes back

1 Pods

2 Uribe

3 Rowand

4 Konerko

5 Dye

6 Everett

7 Crede

8 Catcher

9 Iguchi

1 Pods

2 Rowand

3 Thomas

4 Konerko

5 Dye

6 Uribe

7 Crede

8 Catcher

9 Iguchi

Regardless I love the idea of batting him 9th if we get him. Like the 1-dog in the early 90s.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our only .300 hitter batting 7th? I don't think so.

LF - Pods

CF - Rowand

1B - Konerko

RF - Dye

DH - Everett

SS - Uribe

3B - Crede

C - Davis

2B - Harris

That is our lineup as it stands. I think if we get Iguchi, he likely bumps Crede

and Davis down and gets slotted 7th.

As far as the greed thing goes, in his defense it's not exactly a doable commute from Tokyo to the Cell. He might want a little something, you know, for the effort.

Calling him greedy is probably a little harsh, it's just interesting to see the disparity between what the sox think he's worth and what his agent thinks he's worth. I guess that is his agents job. Although, it is his choice to come over here.

Our only .300 hitter batting 7th? I don't think so.

LF - Pods

CF - Rowand

1B - Konerko

RF - Dye

DH - Everett

SS - Uribe

3B - Crede

C - Davis

2B - Harris

That is our lineup as it stands. I think if we get Iguchi, he likely bumps Crede

and Davis down and gets slotted 7th.

Ding Ding Ding!

That was my exact lineup. No need to re-post it.

Lets hope for something like this on opening day(No Frank)...

LF-Podsednik

CF-Rowand

1B-Konerko

RF-Dye

DH-Everett

2B-Iguchi

SS-Uribe

3B-Crede

C-Davis

I'd like to see the White Sox swing a deal for Kaz Matsui. He is supposed to be available, although I believe he has a no trade clause which permits him to be traded only to the Yankees, or the LA area teams. He was a little dissapointing last year, but still had decent numbers. I think with a year in the U.S. under his belt and a switch to the AL which is more a breaking ball league, like Japan, he could really bust out. He could play SS or 2B which would provide Ozzie with huge flexibility.

I'd like to see the White Sox swing a deal for Kaz Matsui. He is supposed to be available, although I believe he has a no trade clause which permits him to be traded only to the Yankees, or the LA area teams.  He was a little dissapointing last year, but still had decent numbers. I think with a year in the U.S. under his belt and a switch to the AL which is more a breaking ball league, like Japan, he could really bust out. He could play SS or 2B which would provide Ozzie with huge flexibility.

Makes too much, I'd rather have Iguchi.

I'd like to see the White Sox swing a deal for Kaz Matsui. He is supposed to be available, although I believe he has a no trade clause which permits him to be traded only to the Yankees, or the LA area teams.  He was a little dissapointing last year, but still had decent numbers. I think with a year in the U.S. under his belt and a switch to the AL which is more a breaking ball league, like Japan, he could really bust out. He could play SS or 2B which would provide Ozzie with huge flexibility.

That is exactly why I would not start Iguchi at #2. We have no idea how he's going to hit in MLB. Kaz was suppose to be an all-star & he didn't pan out too well. So far the Japanese OFers have lived up to expectations much more so than the IFers.

Rowand

AB/R, AB/H

4.82 4.42 Apr

6.67 3.53 May

5.33 2.67 Jun

4.53 2.97 Jul

3.72 2.84 Aug

8.23 3.69 Sep

Uribe

6.1 2.54 Apr

5.19 3.30 May

6.35 4.5 Jun

11.4 8.14 Jul

6.33 3.45 Aug

5 2.83 Sep

Player, SB

#1-Pods

#2-Rowand

#3-Thomas/Dye

#4-Koney

#5-Dye/Everett

#6-Uribe

#7-Iguchi

#8-Crede

#9-C

I agree Rowand should be #2. That's 87 SB's combined in the top 2 spots.

I also like the fact that there's good speed at 1,2,6, & 7. That should maximize scoring potential.

The Mets just signed Chris Woodward (SS/2B/3B) who had most recently been with the Blue Jays, to a minor league deal.

So, if the Mets were interested in Iguchi, this would seem to take them out of the equation.

I hadn't heard anything about the Mets but the way they spend money, you never know.

I wonder who the Cardinals are targeting at 2B. Miguel Cairo makes a lot of sense for them, especially since he used to play for St. Louis.

It's a down time right now, I doubt anything gets done until next week.

His defense was more than a little disappointing. It was flat out awful. Why would the Sox get anything better from him?

Thinking about what a defensive whiz Kaz was supposed to be makes me a little wary of Iguchi, too. As TLAK said, this is one for the scouts as far as I'm concerned.

His defense was more than a little disappointing.  It was flat out awful.  Why would the Sox get anything better from him?

Thinking about what a defensive whiz Kaz was supposed to be makes me a little wary of Iguchi, too.  As TLAK said, this is one for the scouts as far as I'm concerned.

Matsui I don't care for. They missed out on too many guys, just go out and get Cora, and get it over with. You aren't going to get much better than Cora or this guy...be honest with yourselves, are the sox really capable of dealing after being vulnerable with PK being their only big guy left (assuming Frank is hurt)...

His defense was more than a little disappointing.  It was flat out awful.  Why would the Sox get anything better from him?

Thinking about what a defensive whiz Kaz was supposed to be makes me a little wary of Iguchi, too.  As TLAK said, this is one for the scouts as far as I'm concerned.

I think with Kaz though it had something to do with his contacts, or he had trouble seeing Piazza's signs or something. But it's definitely something the Sox need to cover if they want to sign Iguchi.

The Mets just signed Chris Woodward (SS/2B/3B) who had most recently been with the Blue Jays, to a minor league deal.

So, if the Mets were interested in Iguchi, this would seem to take them out of the equation.

I hadn't heard anything about the Mets but the way they spend money, you never know.

I wonder who the Cardinals are targeting at 2B.  Miguel Cairo makes a lot of sense for them, especially since he used to play for St. Louis.

It's a down time right now, I doubt anything gets done until next week.

I think the Sox's first target is still Cairo, but if the Cards offer him the 2B job for the right price, he's most likely headed there. The Sox need to be careful that another team doesn't snap up Alez Cora if he's their plan B.

Quiero Alex Cora en los Calcetines Blancos, ahora.

Get him on the White Sox, now?

Is that correct?

Maybe you can also translate the last verse of Suite: Judy Blue Eyes for me (Crosby Stills Nash):

Que lindo sera traella a Cuba (how nice it'd be to travel to Cuba?)

La reina de la mar Caribe (the queen of the Caribbean Sea?)

Quiro solo visitarle alli (all I want is to visit her there?)

Y que triste que mi no puedo, vaya (what a pity that I cannot, damn?)

Sorry for the detour, but my Spanish is very very limited. :bang

I don't like this Japanese guy. I remember seeing an article where he said that the Sox offer was too low and that he was looking for bigger money.

I don't want Cora. I don't know how else I could state this. I mean he'd cost like 2 million for a slower but just as inconsistant second basemen as the one we have now for 500,000. No thanks.

I don't like this Japanese guy. I remember seeing an article where he said that the Sox offer was too low and that he was looking for bigger money.

I don't want Cora. I don't know how else I could state this. I mean he'd cost like 2 million for a slower but just as inconsistant second basemen as the one we have now for 500,000. No thanks.

Because he thinks he is worth more you hate him? I am sure he is not asking for that much more per year.

I wish there was a way to offer Iguchi a 3 year deal.

3 million the first year, 4.5 million the second, and a mutual option of 6 million for the 3rd year (team and player agreement).

$5+ million a year in average is not bad for someone who is unproven in the majors.

I haven't seen an article quoting Iguchi on how he thinks the White Sox didn't offer him enough. I won't believe that until it is posted.

I haven't seen an article quoting Iguchi on how he thinks the White Sox didn't offer him enough.  I won't believe that until it is posted.

Niether did i and i read a couple japanese sites everyday ( have been for about a year now) and i see nothing about that. I may have missed it, but i doubt it.