Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 27, 2006 -> 07:35 AM)
Because you live in England? :D

Or, maybe you are, like a Douglas Adams character, a rain god and the clouds simply want to be near you?

LOL, Deploderer is the real life Ford Prefect, he is no rain god. ;)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 27, 2006 -> 07:19 AM)
You guys should try coaching a group of 14 to 16 year old hormonal female endurance athletes. Frustrating and fantastic in equal measures. Why is it that no matter what time of the year it always rains when were out running?

Do you motivate them by putting up pics of David Beckham around their training areas? :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 27, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Do you motivate them by putting up pics of David Beckham around their training areas? :D

I live in Leeds, we have no football heroes anymore.

One of the ways I motivate them by allowing them to take bets as to which one of them can get me to pull a calf muscle or hamstring next while pacing them!

My cat's in a real bad way at the moment.

It's had arthritis in its back leg for the past couple of years, but it's learnt to put up with it by being stronger with it's front paws so it can walk around.

The past week or so, he's been getting worse, walking smaller distances. It's gotten to the stage today, where he can't actually walk at all anymore. So I have to pick him up so he can eat etc.

It's going to the vet tomorrow, I won't be there cos I'll be at work, but I think when I come home, I won't be seeing it ever again unfortunately.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 28, 2006 -> 05:50 AM)

It's had arthritis in its back leg for the past couple of years, but it's learnt to put up with it by being stronger with it's front paws so it can walk around.

The past week or so, he's been getting worse, walking smaller distances. It's gotten to the stage today, where he can't actually walk at all anymore. So I have to pick him up so he can eat etc.

It's going to the vet tomorrow, I won't be there cos I'll be at work, but I think when I come home, I won't be seeing it ever again unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that DBAHO. Losing a pet is never a good thing, no matter if "he/she is going to a better place" or "out of their misery". You still miss your friend. If there was a pat on the back smily, I would use it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 27, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
It's very odd for me to talk on my house phone now a days.

Two months ago our house phone rang and we all looked at each other and asked whose phone is that? The next day I cancelled my home phone and went all-cellular, all the time.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 28, 2006 -> 05:50 AM)

Sorry to hear that, it's tough to lose a pet.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
I think it's scary that I have the ability to create/affect Soxtalk pop culture.

I'm going to 2nd that.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 28, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Thanks guys, unfortunately he was put down this morning.

Don't know if we'll end up getting another cat at this stage.

Been there man, real sorry to hear it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Thanks guys, unfortunately he was put down this morning.

Don't know if we'll end up getting another cat at this stage.

I'm sorry. That really sucks. I've always said pets are like family except far less annoying. At least he didn' thave to suffer much.

Bob Ley Just Using Outside The Lines To Get Laid

BRISTOL, CT--Bob Ley’s Outside the Lines might be a thoughtful and intelligent sports magazine show, but don’t let Ley fool you. He may pretend to be concerned with the most pressing issues of the day, but according to friends and co-workers his only goal is to bed as many sports groupies as possible, using his celebrity status as bait. In essence, Outside the Lines is little more than a high-tech video dating service.

Rumors about Ley’s sexual conquests have been swirling for years, but it was not until last week that his promiscuity was brought to the forefront. It seems that at least one of the show’s producers has tired of Ley’s constant philandering and has finally decided to go public with her grievances.

“I’m just so sick of him and all his stupid bimbos,” said the producer, Stephanie Brightman, who spoke about Ley on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. “We’re all very committed to putting out a quality show every week and all he cares about is using it to get himself laid. Every time a female calls in to the show, he makes one of the interns take down her phone number. Even if someone emails, he responds by asking how old she is, where she lives, etc. It’s getting a little ridiculous. This is not about Bob getting laid. It’s about us addressing the hot-button topics of the day.”

Brightman decided to step forward when she began to witness a steady decline in the show’s quality and integrity. Ley, she says, is out of control.

“When we first started there was at least an effort on his part to produce a thought-provoking and intelligent show before he went off and screwed all his groupies,” she said. “But now, I don’t know. We’re at the point where the content of the show is completely on the backburner. It’s just like a big babe pipeline to him now. And there’s no more covering it up. He’s become too overt about it. Just last week he suggested doing an expose on those ‘Girls Gone Wild’ videos. Oh, he wanted to go on location in New Orleans for Mardis Gras.

He was like ‘I’m going to need beads for this assignment, Stephanie. Lots of beads.’”

According to published reports, Ley also employed interns to assist him in meeting women. Whether they were connected to the show or simply fans, Ley would attempt to cozy up to them using a variety of covert methods.

One intern alleged that he was ordered to follow female guests out to the parking lot and give them Ley’s business card.

“Oh yea, that was common practice. It was no big deal,” said the intern, who asked not to be identified. “Whenever there was a female guest on the show, Bob would act all nice and polite, but if he liked her, he would shoot one of us a glance and we’d have to go get her phone number or give her Bob’s business card. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t, although it probably wasn’t a good idea to proposition that chick from the Women’s Sports Foundation.”

The intern described Ley’s misguided attempt to seduce the woman from the foundation, Katherine Webber:

“Oh, we were doing a whole show on that Title IX Gender Equity thing,” he said. “Bob was really on that night. He was trying to impress Miss Webber by talking about how wonderful Title IX is and how female athletics deserve just as much funding as male athletics blah blah blah…you know, the same old bulls***. She was impressed, but she really got pissed when I grabbed her in the parking lot afterwards and told her Bob wanted to ‘talk some more’ about Title IX over a candlelight dinner at his place. She thought he was sincerely interested in women’s athletics, and he is--but for all the wrong reasons.”

On off nights, Bob would make the interns sift through the show’s mail and separate the males from the females. Each female would receive a response asking details about their age and appearance. Their responses would be forwarded to Ley’s personal address, where he would choose for himself which ones he liked best.

“That’s what he did,” said the intern. “He spent the majority of his time looking through those emails trying to get laid, while everyone else was running around trying to put the show together. A good night for us would be a hard-hitting, compelling episode about steroids or NCAA recruitment violations or something. A good night for him would be nailing a couple WNBA players.”

Several other interns corroborated the above accounts. Brightman herself recalled occasions when Ley openly propositioned guests of the show, sometimes even during commercial breaks.

“When we did a special about those University of Colorado recruiting trips, Bob had a field day,” she said. “We brought in two hookers who said they were paid by boosters to ‘entertain’ recruits. Well, during commercial break, Bob shifts from ‘serious crusader for truth’ mode to ‘let’s f***’ mode. He was sitting there bartering with the girls in full view of everyone. Finally they decided on $1000 bucks for the two of them for the entire night. Then we went back on the air and suddenly it was serious Bob again.”

Brightman said that she came forward because she could no longer participate in the lie that is Outside the Lines.

“I had to get this off my chest because so many people enjoy the show and believe Bob is a man of integrity. Nothing could be further from the truth. He’s a swarthy, sleazy, two-faced little sex addict who is using this television show to get laid. When I think of all the little children who look up to him, who want to emulate the great Bob Ley….well, ok, no children really want to emulate him, although that might change after they read this.”

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
I think it's scary that I have the ability to create/affect Soxtalk pop culture.

IM on to your tricks. Im not aBout to let you change my postINg style becAuse you think you cAn.