Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

So, I tore my pants this morning and no one had any needle and thread. I have a big presentation today at noon.

Guess what fixed my pants. . .

Surgical suture from one of the rat labs. Woo.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
So, I tore my pants this morning and no one had any needle and thread. I have a big presentation today at noon.

:headbang what, no duct tape handy?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)

Ah lab rats, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
Did you at least use a suture needle?

Yep, yep the it actually comes attached to the needle. So that was all good. Weird sewing with a suture needle, but done.

During a Scout training we needed to sew a patch on our uniforms. One of the guys in my group, an eye surgeon, pulled out one of those round needles and a hemostat and started sewing. Took him forever, but I don't think he left a scar on his uniform.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
During a Scout training we needed to sew a patch on our uniforms. One of the guys in my group, an eye surgeon, pulled out one of those round needles and a hemostat and started sewing. Took him forever, but I don't think he left a scar on his uniform.

*rimshot*

He's here through Thursday, folks!

:D

So.. The gal that sits right outside the office from me raves about having lost 55lbs over the past year. This morning, like most mornings around here, someone brings in a sweet. Today it's a chocolate cake. Delores nearly falls over herself to get the first slice which is roughly the size of my hand and loudly states… "I'll walk an extra 5 minutes on the treadmill TONIGHT…"

Oye... :unsure:

So I had the easiest day of classes ever today. When I get to my theatre class there is a sign on the door that says that class has been cancelled. So I had two hours to do nothing in between that class and my english class. Anyways, once my english starts, the teacher walks in 5 minutes late and tells us that he didnt have the reading with him that we were going to do in class, so he just let the class out.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
So I had the easiest day of classes ever today. When I get to my theatre class there is a sign on the door that says that class has been cancelled. So I had two hours to do nothing in between that class and my english class. Anyways, once my english starts, the teacher walks in 5 minutes late and tells us that he didnt have the reading with him that we were going to do in class, so he just let the class out.

that's what you get for actually trying to learn something.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)

Best college days ever! Sucks you have such a long walk from yoru room to buildings.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
Best college days ever! Sucks you have such a long walk from yoru room to buildings.

Ya, that's pretty much the worst part about everything. It'll be nice to have an apartment next year. 50 days 'till Saluki bball, sir. :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
Ya, that's pretty much the worst part about everything. It'll be nice to have an apartment next year. 50 days 'till Saluki bball, sir. :)

:headbang

Whatcha Gonna Do When the Salukis Run Wild On You???!!!

This completely ruined my day.

While at White Hen getting the morning coffee today there was a woman with I would guess a 4 year old. He wanted one of those little boxes of cereal (the ones that you can pour the milk right in and eat). She said no and gave him a breakfast bar. The poor thing made a disappointed face (didn't even say a word) and the b**** slapped him across the face leaving a hand print. Right there in the middle of the White Hen. I, along with the other 10 or so customer, was stunned. Quietly the White Hen owner called the police. They arrived there just as I was leaving (police station is a block away thankfully). I can't wait to get an update this afternoon on the way home.

People suck.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)

While at White Hen getting the morning coffee today there was a woman with I would guess a 4 year old. He wanted one of those little boxes of cereal (the ones that you can pour the milk right in and eat). She said no and gave him a breakfast bar. The poor thing made a disappointed face (didn't even say a word) and the b**** slapped him across the face leaving a hand print. Right there in the middle of the White Hen. I, along with the other 10 or so customer, was stunned. Quietly the White Hen owner called the police. They arrived there just as I was leaving (police station is a block away thankfully). I can't wait to get an update this afternoon on the way home.

People suck.

Wow.

Some people just honestly don't deserve kids. That poor kid is going to be remembering that for a long time.

This summer a group of Scouts and I watched in horror as a guy was slapping and punching a woman, she made a couple poor attempts to fight back. We quickly called police and kept an eye on them. With me was a cop from El Paso, a very credible witness, he was actually taking notes during the altercation.

Bottom line, the woman refused to have the guy arrested. Why she would subject herself to that is beyond me. The only explaination she had was "he has a nice boat". :angry:

I need to post in this thread more often as I always have a lot of All-Anything goin down...

I was pulled over last week friday for supposedly blowing a stop sign and doing 50 in a 35 mph zone. Being that I didn't commit either violation the not so friendly cop 'let me go' with a warning ticket. I have no idea why this stuff happens to me.

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful blonde woman wave at him and say hello. He's rather taken aback, because he can't place where he knows her from. So he says, "Do you know me?" To which she replies, "I think you're the father of one of my kids."

Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife and says, "OH, are you the stripper from my bachelor party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies watching, while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery???" She looks into his eyes and calmly says, "No, I'm your son's math teacher."

:P

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)

People suck.

So... it wasn't her kid. She was his "nanny". The mother and father were at Edward Hospital - one of their parents is apparently very ill - and the boy had stayed at the "nanny's" house and she was taking him home. I guess dad showed up and it was an ugly scene. They took it out of the White Hen so no one knows if she was arrested. They did take statements from the White Hen owners. Stupid b****. I hope she was arrested.

Poor kid sounds like he has enough going on. At least the cops did something. When I worked at the grocery store a fat b**** walked into the checkout line with her little girl. Next thing you know, she slaps the poor thing right in front of an off duty cop and from the poor kid's reaction, you could tell she was beat/slapped around regularly. The off-duty cop wouldn't do anything when we asked her. Being a bunch of 16 year olds we didn't know what else to do since there was a Chicago cop who wouldn't do anything about it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
So... it wasn't her kid. She was his "nanny". The mother and father were at Edward Hospital - one of their parents is apparently very ill - and the boy had stayed at the "nanny's" house and she was taking him home. I guess dad showed up and it was an ugly scene. They took it out of the White Hen so no one knows if she was arrested. They did take statements from the White Hen owners. Stupid b****. I hope she was arrested.

Moral of the story kids: Don't get your coffee at the White Hen.