Jimmy Rollins to the Sox?

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Why are NONE of these posts in green???? :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

when something so chalked full of irony/scarsam is posted... i think no color is needed to know its conotation... i mean, some of us are stupid, but were no forrest gumps.... seats taken! :chair

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Yeah god damn it. Rollins was always one of my favorite national league players and I about creamed myself after seeing that title after a hard days work. :angry:

If you get that steamed up about a rumor then what happens to you when a deal actually goes down?!

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Matt Im serious dont you think Borchard for Rollins and Wolf maybe  the phillies will thrown in Thome as well  if we gave them adkins  or willie  harris

:headshake

how old are you?

Would you trade Paul Konerko, Freddy Garcia, and Juan Uribe for Julio Lugo and Dannys Baez? :bang

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
If you get that steamed up about a rumor then what happens to you when a deal actually goes down?!

:lolhitting

I don't think you understood my post. The thread title made me think it had gone through already, because the original name of the thread was "Jimmy Rollins to the Sox". It has since been changed.

I doubt Rollins would go for cheap. However, maybe the Phils feel Polanco can play ss for them and they can then move Rollins and get something of value.

I have no idea of their needs, but I bet they'd be interested in Cotts or Marte. I don't know if I'd deal Marte or not though, because I like the pen being a strenght. However even if Marte is dealt I still think the pen is better this year than last year.

But I'd say Cotts could be a possibility and you'd figure maybe Willie Harris. Minor leaguers would probably exclude Bmac, Anderson, and Sweeney however you could see Tracey as a guy. The question is would the Phils want major league players or minor league guys.

If its a payroll dump maybe its more minor league guys.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Santo- Its a joke  dont take everything to serious in life...actually I  would like to have Lugo on the Sox if they dont get rollins

Alright thats cool... Just make sure you write it in green next time. I know you just joined today. You could have been some 9 year old who was serious about these trades.

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
IF we got Rollins, I'd prefer Uribe at 3B, Rollins at SS, and Willie at 2B over Willie sitting on the bench.

thats intresting... if it plays out that way, it would be ok with me... however, i think if crede has competition and has to "win" a starting job... he will, i think hes gonna have a simi-breakout year.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
thats intresting... if it plays out that way, it would be ok with me... however, i think if crede has competition and has to "win" a starting job... he will, i think hes gonna have a simi-breakout year.

You could say the same about Harris. Either way, we could sign a 3B, SS, or 2B, becasue of Uribe's versatility. I'd just prefer Harris starting, because he's shown more promise. If there needs to be a ST battle to figure out who starts, so be it. Competition can only be good for us.