Top Prospects

AnthraxFan93

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
No real shocker there.  Next year you could see Bmac on that list and potentially Josh Fields, other then that I don't think the Sox have any guys on the verge of making what I'll call the top 20, but I do think there farm system is back on the way up.

Great job by KW. :)

No real shocker there.  Next year you could see Bmac on that list and potentially Josh Fields, other then that I don't think the Sox have any guys on the verge of making what I'll call the top 20, but I do think there farm system is back on the way up.

Jason, other than Bmac, Sweeney, and Anderson..and maybe feilds who else do we have?

I should add very good seasons by Sweeney or Anderson would also potentially get them on that type of list.

Not saying it will happen, because its too hard to look into the future, but those 4 I mentioned have high ceilings.

I also think Tracey has a very high ceiling but I highly doubt he would make that type of list because usually formerly not so highly touted prospects take some time before they become highly touted even if they put up ungodly numbers (ie Bmac going unnoticed by most for such a long time).

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Jason, other than Bmac, Sweeney, and Anderson..and maybe feilds who else do we have?

There are a lot of next tier guys, very first on that list would be Sean Tracey and then last years draft class has some very intriguing starting arms (Tyler Lumsden, Gio Gonzalez, Ray Liotta, and Wes Whisler to be specific).

FS is going to be releasing a Top 25 on the Sox minor leagues pretty quickly which will have a lot more info on this type of stuff.

The big thing is those guys I mention are at lower levels and are still obviously a couple years away, but as they develop I will say this, I love all 4 of there potential although I think Whisler is the most raw of the group.

First off, that guy's list is pretty terrible. Second, don't be surprised if BMac gets on the top 10 pitchers on a lot of experts lists with a strong 05. His 04 was one of the best seasons in the minors last year. Only problem with having him as a top 10 pitching prospect is that he basically came out of nowhere (17th round) and 04 was his only season, little good season, at full season ball. Meaning that as of now he's on the radar, but still needs to prove himself more to become a top 10 guy.

Then again, who says you need to have one of the top 20 prospects in the game to be doing a good job as a GM or to show you have a good minor league system?

If you wanted to be picky, you could say that Kenny did develop one Jeremy Reed, but I don't feel like getting into that whole thing (Whether Kenny drafted Reed, I'm not sure).

I still think it'll be another year until the Sox system starts moving up the ranks as far as 'Best Farm Systems in the MLB' (Not saying the Sox will be top ten, but at least middle of the pack with B-Mac, Anderson, Sweeney, Fields, Gio, Tracey, and hopefully Bobby Jenks -- as long as there are no significant setbacks).

Then again, I really shouldn't be commenting on the system in the first place, I'm definitely one of the dumber ones here as far as the minors are concerned...

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
I think Tracey's age would keep him off of alot of prospect lists unless he somehow moves to AAA and dominates it next year.

I think Sweeney has the best shot of making that list next year. Hopefully we will see a breakout season from him.

Both good points. The only issue with Sweeney is that it might be hard for him to put up huge numbers, top 10 numbers, in a big time pitchers' park in Birmingham. However, Sweeney is 'on the radar' in terms of top prospects because of his Spring Training showing last year.

Here is is a list someone put together of the top 100 prospects. I think it is a pretty good list. If i remember correctly we have 3-5 players ont he list.

http://www.theminorsfirst.com/tmf100/tmf100(2005).html#20

Here you can see how he rated them the last four years. Pretty good job i wouldd say.

http://www.theminorsfirst.com/tmf100/tmf100(archives).html

OMG check out how many prospects from the last 2 world champions....

WTG kenny. This topic is a joke...

I think you mean Kenny is the Joke.. How many Div Titles do we have under him.. anyone ???

People we changed managers and now players when this year fails.. who is to blame? Herb Schiender? Jimmy the Hot Dog Vendor.. When it comes down to it.. The GM is to blame period. Fire KW lets get a GM who knows what he is doing.. I read a another post and it sums up KW to a tee..

KW gm's like he played.

How true is that

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
I think you mean Kenny is the Joke.. How many Div Titles do we have under him.. anyone ???

People we changed managers and now players when this year fails.. who is to blame?  Herb Schiender?  Jimmy the Hot Dog Vendor.. When it comes down to it.. The GM is to blame period.  Fire KW lets get a GM who knows what he is doing.. I read a another post and it sums up KW to a tee..

KW gm's like he played.

How true is that

Look we get it. You don't like KW. However it seems like your already writing this season off as a failure before it even starts. KW managed to change the look of this team while still keeping our payroll where it needed to be. Did he sign the biggest stars? NO! Did he sign the best players on the market? NO!

The difference between a GM like KW and a GM like Jim Hendry is payroll. If KW had a 100+ Million dollar payroll then this team would look alot different.

I might not like everything he has done but he's better then 3/4's of the GM's in baseball.

and yes he more then likely did wait a few years too long to move in this direction (speed, defense, pitching) but at least we are there now.

Look we get it. You don't like KW. However it seems like your already writing this season off as a failure before it even starts. KW managed to change the look of this team while still keeping our payroll where it needed to be. Did he sign the biggest stars? NO! Did he sign the best players on the market? NO!

The difference between a GM like KW and a GM like Jim Hendry is payroll. If KW had a 100+ Million dollar payroll then this team would look alot different.

I might not like everything he has done but he's better then 3/4's of the GM's in baseball.

and yes he more then likely did wait a few years too long to move in this direction (speed, defense, pitching) but at least we are there now.

Jeckle, I just sick of hearing this guy praise on this baord when all he has done is fail. If KW could win, guess what he would have a higher payroll (according to some). But he doesn't. AS said in prevous posts, I am all for this new look team, but KW is 3 years to late. Look at the teams between 03/04 other than Colon nothing Major changed execpt the manager, and KW expected a DIV title? I want a GM who looks at his team and if after 2 years thing don't improve, go well this aint working we need somthing else, instead of KW.. Well we change the Manager that will do it, or add a pitcher for a year and hope to make it to the series. From now on I will cut down on the KW is a moron talk..But it so hard not to! He just makes him self look like a fool

And for the other record on the record.. I hope I can eat my words and we Win a DIv title and beyond...Just this team has more "if" than certainties(sp)

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)

People we changed managers and now players when this year fails.. who is to blame?  Herb Schiender?  Jimmy the Hot Dog Vendor.. When it comes down to it.. The GM is to blame period.  Fire KW lets get a GM who knows what he is doing.. I read a another post and it sums up KW to a tee..

KW gm's like he played.

How true is that

so basically you just wanted to open up some other topic that could allow you to bash KW in the same way as every other thread that you post in. I mean come on, why dont you open up a topic titled "I hate KW" and then it would eliminate the mystery behind seeing if there is actually good information in the posts.

so basically you just wanted to open up some other topic that could allow you to bash KW in the same way as every other thread that you post in.  I mean come on, why dont you open up a topic titled "I hate KW" and then it would eliminate the mystery behind seeing if there is actually good information in the posts.

No its just further proving my point.. I opened it up to show what "experts" think of the top Prospects...and How we have none..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
No its just further proving my point.. I opened it up to show what "experts" think of the top Prospects...and How we have none..

Did you happen to notice that at least half of those "prospects" will be on opening day rosters?

Do you hate all baseball position players because a good one fails to get a hit 7 out of 10 times. That's 70% of the time. What an f'in failure!!!