sammy sosa

soxhawks

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
will you still boo him when he comes back, personally i will not because he totally screwed the cubs for this coming season

i will always hate sosa... i dont see how the cubs are so much better off with burnitz than sosa, other than attitudes. and i wouldnt say that HE screwed the cubs, cuz hendry traded him.

Of course I'd boo him. He's still a POS

The Cubs were the ones who traded him though, and they screwed themselves. And I quite frankly do not see how they improved by trading Sosa. Hairston is a good player, and I wouldn't mind having him on the Sox...but, to me, for the same price, I'd rather have Samme over both Hairston and Burnitz(plus the prospects too I suppose)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
Of course I'd boo him.  He's still a POS

The Cubs were the ones who traded him though, and they screwed themselves.  And I quite frankly do not see how they improved by trading Sosa.  Hairston is a good player, and I wouldn't mind having him on the Sox...but, to me, for the same price, I'd rather have Samme over both Hairston and Burnitz(plus the prospects too I suppose)

And, through all of his bashing as a player, Sammy really isn't that terrible. It's his contract size and his clubhouse cancer-ness that makes him an unwanted player, IMHO.

And, Hendry can try to sway Cub fans all he wants, but they are not getting an upgrade in RF with Burnitz. Maybe defensively, but that's it. Five million per Burnitz is vastly overpaying, and all it does is force three players (Hollandsworth, Hairston, Dubois) to battle for one position, rather than the three battling for two positions -- which would probably be better for the team.

They basically traded Sammy and fifteen for Burnitz & Hairston, and two so-so prospects. No net gain, IMHO...

seriously any smart fan would know he didnt use cork on a regular basis he broke so many bats. He was just really struggling after being hit in the head and all and it finally got to him. As far as the steroids go i dont accuse anyone of taking steroids until its proven. But he was a club house cancer with that boom box of his.

Where are all the posters that praised Hendry and said that the Cubs' outfield would be pretty impressive via a Hendry trade or two?

Cubs' projected starting outfield:

LF - Todd Hollandsworth (vs. righties) / Jerry Hairston (vs. lefties)

CF - Corey Patterson

RF - Jeromy Burnitz

That could be the worst starting outfield in the MLB and they still have a sucky bullpen and no closer. The strikeout potential of their outfield is AMAZING though.

Hendry = Overrated

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
seriously any smart fan would know he didnt use cork on a regular basis he broke so many bats.  He was just really struggling after being hit in the head and all and it finally got to him.  As far as the steroids go i dont accuse anyone of taking steroids until its proven.  But he was a club house cancer with that boom box of his.

If it was proven, you wouldn't have to make accusations. And how many smart fans watch the Cubs? I smell a Bleacher Bum.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Did anyone notice the press conference..

Sammy got a new home, and how this was sammys team? Umm Did someone fail to mention to Sosa, that they have a all-star SS who puts up better numbers?

Baltimore will regret this deal.

The Orioles track record of the last few years is to spend their money very stupidly. The Mets too.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Did anyone notice the press conference..

Sammy got a new home, and how this was sammys team? Umm Did someone fail to mention to Sosa, that they have a all-star SS who puts up better numbers?

Baltimore will regret this deal.

No doubt. All I heard was "me"...."my"..."I". No team concept whatsoever. I think the guy's a complete egotistic, self-infatuated BOOB! "I going to ween de crowd!"....what about helping your team win dips***!!!

He'll wear out his welcome in no time!

QUOTE(Wanne @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
No doubt.  All I heard was "me"...."my"..."I".  No team concept whatsoever.  I think the guy's a complete egotistic, self-infatuated BOOB! "I going to ween de crowd!"....what about helping your team win dips***!!!

He'll wear out his welcome in no time!

Heard from the WGN9 last night that Sosa said he has a new and much bigger boom box. :snr Salsa time Orioles. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Sosa is good, people just rip him because he was a cub

Hes going to help out the Orioles big time this year, watch

Sosa's an overrated player and has been for a while imo. Sosa always hits a ton of homers but he batted .253 with a .332 obp percentage last year not very impressive numbers. I still think the orioles finish in the cellar this year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Sosa's an overrated player and has been for a while imo.  Sosa always hits a ton of homers but he batted .253 with a .332 obp percentage last year not very impressive numbers.  I still think the orioles finish in the cellar this year.

NObody is overrated when you win the MVP of your league, and are about to be the 5 player in the 600 homerun club. He has been on the decline since he got hit in the head. But a few years ago, he was the hardest out in the NL. Im glad he is gone, but he will definatley benefit the orioles this year. That offensive lineup is murderous

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Sosa's an overrated player and has been for a while imo.  Sosa always hits a ton of homers but he batted .253 with a .332 obp percentage last year not very impressive numbers.  I still think the orioles finish in the cellar this year.

Well I dont agree with that, at all

Sosa only played in 126 games last year.. so he coulda had even better numbers..

I think the O's will finish 3rd behind Boston and NY