Gameday!! Indians vs. White Sox 4-6-05

Capn12

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Wow...Went from looking like a little league team for 8 innings, to an actual major league baseball team...Exquisite!

Hopefully Iguchi's monkey is off his back, and this 9th inning starts something...We are gonna need some O tomorrow.

Hold up.

We still have this willie harris matter to settle...

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
WTF are you talking about?  The ball Uribe hit was caught by the RF.  Explain to me how a man on second base scores there in that situation?

He runs. :bang

I have more faith in Aarons speed than I have in Willie's ability to walk & chew gum... let it go.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
He runs.  :bang

I have more faith in Aarons speed than I have in Willie's ability to walk & chew gum... let it go.

You know Aaron would have to tag up right?

You desperately need this

0764552341.01._PIdp-schmooS,TopRight,7,-

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)

Regardless of the error, the pitcher was going to throw to first. The catcher pointed to first. The bunt was successful, error or not.

I hate to say it, but that just shows how jaded your opinion is.

I do not think I have seen a man from 2b score tagging outside of little league, or some freak accident where the OF falls down, hurts himself and then another OF has to come out and get the ball.

Even if the OF is the worst in baseball, he still gets it into the IF by the time Rowand is at 3rd. I would venture to guess that the throw from the cut off the grass will be faster to home than Rowand from 3rd.

But then again I guess its possible Rowand is fast enough to tag up from 3b on a pop up to short?

SB

Let this Harris matter go...He's a nonissue...More important things to discuss, like how badly we need Frank back and how if the top-of-the-order continues to hit poorly that Rowand needs to be bumped up to 2....

Frank's .400 OBP will do wonders for everything...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Why so much hate for Willie??? The guy goes out and at least tries. He has speed and yes, has things to learn, but all I see is negativity for this guy. He could hit a game-tying GS in Game 7 of the WS and all I'd hear is, "well 3 guys got on base for him and anyone would've done that if given the chance in Willie's place."

I personally think willie, for once, did his job today, nice bunt, and ran it out. Great job by everyone, finally

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
You know Aaron would have to tag up right?

You desperately need this

0764552341.01._PIdp-schmooS,TopRight,7,-

That's awfully kind of you... but I'd hate to take away the only reading material you can comprehend without using your Hooked On Phonics workbooks..

I know at least 2 others that would be suspended for stuff like this.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
And he would have. Geezus.. you all apparently don't agree. So be it.

I am at work and had people in the office so I missed the 9th inning rally. May I publicly state that I am very happy with the Sox offense and the 2 homers today. I take back all the whining I did earlier. I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting year.

Oh my God...

Yes.. I realize it doesn't matter. How effing long have I been taking s*** about Willie Harris...?? Is anyone with a half a brain surprised at my "Willie didn't do anything today as usual" attitude...?? :rolly

:bang

Some of you are so easy.. :stick

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
That's awfully kind of you...

I know at least 2 others that would be suspended for stuff like this.

You should be suspended for thinking a man can score from second by tagging up on a ball hit to RF.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
The Sox luck changed when I got my girlfriend on the phone at the start of the bottom of the ninth inning.  I'm giving her all the credit, as I watched this whole game without s*** happening.

I couldn't get to a TV until the bottom of the 9th. Unbelievable. I had to follow the whole rest of the game on the radio. Every pitch thrown by Wickman was straight, except for the double by Rowand, which had lots of sink on it. I still don't believe what I just witnessed. All Wickman was missing was a little goatee and and a flat stomach.

Edited by ottawa_sox