White Sox @ Tribe - 4/13/05 Official Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Broussard strikes out.  Marte bringing it tonight.

Would have been nice to see Marte in to face Sizemore. Oh well, that's second guessing....and Contreras had been pitching well (even though he was over 100 pitches).

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
8 games into the season, and 5 runs is the most we've scored....Spring Training lasted about a week too long for our hitters it seems.

whoops, we score 8 against Minny, sry. But we have struggled mightily against Cleveland offensively. Against their pen, its understandable...but not against the likes of Cliff Lee.

With the wind blowing in so much, we have way too many players who've been swinging for the fences tonight. Also, Dye looks awful at the plate. He seems to have absolutely no balance, and he hasn't hit a ball hard in a while.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
I never thought much of Wickman, but on a 3-2 pitch to Rowand he suckered him on that low one out of the strike zone

Problem for Wickman was that he gave Rowand 2 meatballs right over the plate that could have been hit quite far. I'm not sure why he's not throwing his sinker more.

Good job by Vizcaino. I want to see the Juan Uribe of 2004 back. The same guy who would throw rockets over to first base and hit the ball hard on a consistent basis (he wouldn't be the first MLB player to stop working hard after receiving a big guaranteed contract).