Neal Focking Cotts

sox-r-us

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
I agree with much of this -- the length of the contract worries me more than the amount.  Although 3 years at $8 mil would be signed in an instant by the Sox (and should be).  PK is making $9 mil this year, after all.  If he comes close to replicating last year, bargaining will start at $10 mil or more.  If the Sox could sign him at that rate now, for a three-year extension, it could end up being a bargain.

We can always trade for mienkwitzcstzt. hell we want to be the twins anyway.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
What do you mean? I can't believe you said that, all you do is watch baseball, i want a divorce and half your money.

LMAO... 2 to 1 those are the exact grounds Jim files on me in 10 years.. :lolhitting

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I'm sorry, did I see the record right?  Is that 6-3?  We are only 9 games into the season people.  We haven't even hit double digits yet and we are already switching batting order?  Let the players get comfortable.  If this is still going on by the end of May (first quarter of the season) THEN you can start worrying. 

We are in first.

This thread was like a damn...

20133%20Roller%20Coaster,%206%20Flags,%2

This thread completely fell apart when someone bet that Neal Cotts would have an ERA under 4 this season and that Ross Gload was comparable to Mark Grace. :headshake

Give me a break, fellas. Be sure to leave your homerism at the door next time.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
Cotts will be down below an era of 5 soon enough and he's our worst reliever s***, I'm happy.

this comment was on track.

listen, the back of your bullpen is never going to be great. even great teams have some mediocre relievers.

i've seen far worse than Neal Cotts, and as our second best lefty, i think we could do a lot worse.

there are vet lefties who are still in this league only because they can throw hard. at least you can say that Cotts is a work-in-progress.... but even as is, you can do worse. people here are pretending like he's never gotten us out of an inning.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
people here are pretending like he's never gotten us out of an inning.

He has plenty of times... after he has already given up some runs or put people on base.

Edited by qwerty

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
This thread completely fell apart when someone bet that Neal Cotts would have an ERA under 4 this season

Yeah that was me. Go check his era right now, you sure rip the right people on this team. :headshake

EDIT: By the way Neal's obviously still got a way to go in this season, he's just one of those guys I feel strongly about on this team that he's going to be a very good pitcher.

Edited by Rowand44

• 2 weeks later...
Good job botch walking the only batter you faced today to load up the bases

Thank God we do not need him regularly.

I think it's quite obvious already what we will need to trade for by the deadline -- a reliable lefty reliever that doesn't issue leadoff walks. Cotts may be good in time but right now he does not have enough control to be reliable in high pressure situations.

Edited by Jabroni

Calling Cotts Botch is getting pretty silly...Theres no comparison guys. Cotts is here as the long relief guy when one of our starters gets lit up...and yes, it will happen. thats the role that Cotts shines in, its just that he hasn't had the opportunity to do so because our starting pitching has been so good. So Oz uses him in situations where normally he wouldnt, just to get him some work.

Calling Cotts Botch is getting pretty silly...Theres no comparison guys. Cotts is here as the long relief guy when one of our starters gets lit up...and yes, it will happen. thats the role that Cotts shines in, its just that he hasn't had the opportunity to do so because our starting pitching has been so good. So Oz uses him in situations where normally he wouldnt, just to get him some work.

Ozzie using Cotts in wrong situations is no excuse to walk the first guy he faces EVERYTIME.

Neal Cotts

7 BB

7 SO

That's not good. But I have no doubt that Kenny will make a move for a RELIABLE lefty reliever if we are still winning like crazy by the trading deadline.

Edited by Jabroni

With McCarthy waiting in the wings, i dont see spot in the rotation for Cotts and thats what he does best - Start games. I think that Cotts could be trading bait if it comes down to it - his numbers at AA were staggering.... id assume hed still have some value.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
Ozzie using Cotts in wrong situations is no excuse to walk the first guy he faces EVERYTIME.

Neal Cotts

7 BB

7 SO

That's not good.  But I have no doubt that Kenny will make a move for a RELIABLE lefty reliever if we are still winning like crazy by the trading deadline.

Theres no reason for Cotts to be pitching there, but where else will he get work? our starters have been outstanding.

Now, that is in no way an excuse for his BB/9 IP ratio. I'm just saying that I think it will be less of a problem when he is doing the long relief role he is groomed for.