Holy Cow, Joe Crede

greg775

I know there's another thread on Joe, but what in the heck

is going on?

He's become a stud.

With his defense, if he can hit .300 allyear like this, wow,

we may have something special going.

Kill this thread if its superfluous, but I love Joe!

If Crede can blossom this would be huge for us for the next few years. A player like Crede (relatively cheap for his production) is what the majority of our roster needs to be at to be able to win it all. That way we can then spend the big bucks on key acquisitions from time to time (like Garcia)

On a similar note, maybe Ozzie should let Crede bat higher up than he does right now.

I would like to see the following in the Royals series:

Pods

Guch (Harris when Guch sits)

Everett

Kong

Crede

Dye

AJ

Uribe

Rowand

rowand last???? i think not... i think rowands issue is that he's batting so dang low... i think he'd be doing better if he were batting 5th or 2nd but Gooch fits perfect in the 2 hole... i just totally disagree... if you want crede higher...

Pods

Gooch

Everett (i'd rather rowand but... whatev)

Konerko

Rowand

Crede

Dye

Pierzynski

Uribe

You gotta figure Dye and Crede will end up with semi-similar #'s by year's end. I think Ozzie should interchange them playing the hotter bat higher in the order so as to maximize run production out of the middle of the lineup. Dye and Rowand have been a black hole in the middle while Crede as been batting well but with noone on base. I imagine it's tough for a manager to convince himself that changing anything with Crede, considering his past inconsistencies, is a good idea, but he appears to be on more than just a hot streak. He's actually made some serious swing adjustments and changed his offseason routine, meaning this could very easily be the new Joe Crede.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I actually like it being AJ, Uribe, Crede in the 7,8,9. The only thing I dont really like is where Dye and Rowand are. I would like to see them switched in the batting order.

Does it really matter if they switch spots in the line-up? Either way they they have both been pretty s***ty. It is really hurting us considering we have basically gotten zip from those two combined. They need to be broke up with someone, pierz perhaps?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Does it really matter if they switch spots in the line-up? Either way they they have both been pretty s***ty. It is really hurting us considering we have basically gotten zip from those two combined. They need to be broke up with someone, pierz perhaps?

I wouldn't say it's really been hurting considering we're 12 and 4. I personally like the way the lineup is and as long as the sox are winning I wouldn't change anything.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
I wouldn't say it's really been hurting considering we're 12 and 4.  I personally like the way the lineup is and as long as the sox are winning I wouldn't change anything.

We have been lucky so far. We cannot expect to win 7 out of every 8 one runs ball games. Would be nice to win some of them while feeling comfortable ( like last night). Today we had a man on first and no outs, then it was dye and rowand up, i already wrote the inning off because i knwo at this point and time they are automatic outs. They couldn't even move him over, that is just pathetic in my opinion.

Oz won't change anything as long as they keep winning. It will take a 3 or 4 game losing streak where the pitching is still relatively good for Oz to tinker with the lineup. He just plugs people into w/e hole they fill in the batting order based on position when he substitutes. When Timo replaced Dye in the starting lineup he batted 5th , which to me was very weird.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
Oz won't change anything as long as they keep winning. It will take a 3 or 4 game losing streak where the pitching is still relatively good for Oz to tinker with the lineup. He just plugs people into w/e hole they fill in the batting order based on position when he substitutes. When Timo replaced Dye in the starting lineup he batted 5th , which to me was very weird.

yeah I started a thread on that last part. someone there said it had to do with lefty-righty matchups, but I left for a while and responded saying that Timo isn't a #5 hitter against either. who knows, maybe Tuesday would have been won by a wider margin had Timo been moved down. but we won, so it's a moot point.