Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
Why because I think Willie is horrible and choose to say it?  I don't understand what games you guys have been watching.  Willie has done his best to blow 2 games for us.  Luckily we won that Royals game.  He will be playing for Charlotte once Frank is healthy.

No, 'cause you're a f***ing tool. You choose to say that Willie is horrible at the worst of times.

Badger said it best -- Harris has the same amount of errors as Ozuna (according to Badge), yet more walks, hits, AVG, and OBP. Care to say anything to that?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
yeah we lost, it happens. the only think i am slightly concerned about is that this is the type of loss that can put a team in a tailspin. we need to come out tomorrow and have a strong outing by freddy (day game for him again) and get to saarloos

Freddy will shove oakland's bats up their collective asses tomorrow, book it.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Why because I think Willie is horrible and choose to say it?  I don't understand what games you guys have been watching.  Willie has done his best to blow 2 games for us.  Luckily we won that Royals game.  He will be playing for Charlotte once Frank is healthy.

You say Willie is horrible, fine.

But to call people out after they defend Willie and he makes an error is just plain gay. Just like the situation with Ozuna last night. I saw you nowhere when the lineups were announced and I said it was lame that Ozuna was starting over Pods. So Ozuna gets a couple of hits and your objective is to shove s*** in my face. Well, f*** you buddy.

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Real mature, you cock. I was trying to make a point that, whether Harris played well tonight or not (which he didn't) he shouldn't be on the team, because he can't play shortstop, even if you and Ozzie think he can. The Sox have no legitimate shortstop behind Uribe, and they need one. That's been one of the biggest weaknesses this year (although admittedly there haven't been many). So be a mature adult when you post or go to another board.

Point being...Ozuna has done everything better than Willie thus far this year. So if the Sox want a new shortstop, move Ozuna and pick someone else up. Personally I'm perfectly content with the entire roster at this point. I think Ozuna is solid just like I think Willie is solid and if Guchi goes down at one point or if Uribe gets hurt I have faith in Willie.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
Can't we all just get along?

Apparently an 8-game streak spoiled us and some folks forgot that you lose some too. Not always in such a spectacular fashion as tonight maybe... but it's still just one loss.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:19 AM)
Willie's hitting so far this season does not make up for blowing 1 game, almost 2 (Royals game).  I'm sorry.

HE BLEW THE GAME?!@?!?!?!??!

WERE YOU WATCHING?!?!?!?

ARE YOU A f***ING MORON?!?!?!?!?! WILLIE f***ING HARRIS BLEW THE GAME?!?!?!?

Mercy...

You just lost any ounce of credibility that you had. You just lost everything with that statement. You're a friggin' joke.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Suppose he got on and the next guy hits a HR to tie it.

Who plays SS in the 9th? Think about it, they had no one else.

I know, that's the point I'm rying to make (obviously not very well). THE SOX NEED A BACKUP SHORTSTOP. NEITHER OZUNA OR HARRIS IS A GOOD SHORTSOP. They needed someone else for this situation, didn't have it, and lost.

Sometimes a team needs a s***ty loss like this where you absolutely give the game away with tons of mistakes. Often this will make a team focus and do better.

Bad performance by lots of guys.

Garcia going tomorrow in a day game, our chances are good.

Biggest concern is the health of our guys. This loss is not that big of a deal guys, everything went wrong that could've gone wrong.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Nah man I've read your posts and I've realized that Crede and Neal are going to be sent packing real soon because you've said they suck so much.

Funny thing is Neal's ERA has been on the way down for a while....Not saying he won't have any more bad outings, its baseball, every pitcher will have multiple poor outings (facts of life).

But you'll never see him ever give Neal credit. Crede could finish the year at .320 and he'll probably still be bashing him.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:20 AM)
Apparently an 8-game streak spoiled us and some folks forgot that you lose some too.  Not always in such a spectacular fashion as tonight maybe... but it's still just one loss.

Yeah after winning 8 in a row it makes it a lot tougher to lose, but hey if we have to play this bad to lose and the umps have to blow 2 calls, than i guess we are better than we thought.

Chisoxfn,

So many have told me the following things:

1. Willie Harris was going to be traded.

2. Jon Garland should be traded.

3. Jose Valentin was better than Juan Uribe.

So far I think that 2/3 have proven to be faulty, and Im hoping for the trifecta.

Jabroni,

Did Pablo make an error at 3b today?

SB

You say Willie is horrible, fine.

But to call people out after they defend Willie and he makes an error is just plain gay. Just like the situation with Ozuna last night. I saw you nowhere when the lineups were announced and I said it was lame that Ozuna was starting over Pods. So Ozuna gets a couple of hits and your objective is to shove s*** in my face. Well, f*** you buddy.

It's hard to explain why Ozuna was starting to someone who doesn't understand playing a righty vs. lefty matchup. Sorry.

Willie didn't blow that game tonight. As much as I dislike Willie as a player, his error was hardly the biggest play of the game. The bases would have still been loaded with one out in a tie game. A lot more blame should be placed on Dye, Buehrle, and Ozzie. Not to mention Ozuna and Konerko hitting/flying into double plays with a man on 3rd and one out.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
it was part of it qwerty. Obviously Dye and Harris were bigger factors.

Uribe makes that error, 90% of peopel would not mention it. But because it is willie f***ing harris it is the end of the world. If you want to be pissed with dye or ozzie that is one thing, bruce froemming even. Willie did not lose us this game no matter want anyone wanst to think.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Your blaming Willie for making an error when he was playing out of position.  Im sorry but if you want to blame someone for this loss look at Jermaine Dye, The umps, Buehrle being bad.... iguchi getting thrown out at home, did i say Jermaine Dye?

Where's all the venom for this piece of s***. This cocksucker is beyond worthless and I want you all to remember I said this.

DYE = BEYOND WORTHLESS

OAKLAND BALL BOY > JERMAINE DYE

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Your blaming Willie for making an error when he was playing out of position.  Im sorry but if you want to blame someone for this loss look at Jermaine Dye, The umps, Buehrle being bad.... iguchi getting thrown out at home, did i say Jermaine Dye?

I'm just going to blame the loss on team. Hell they won 8 in a row your bound to lose one eventually, though I almost though 158 and 4 was going to happen ;) . I like willie, I like Pablo, I like ozzie, I like Jermaine, they all messed up today-- oh well it's a 162 game season s*** happens, we're 16 and f***in 5 people. Like I said this game sucked to watch and might drive me to start drinking :cheers :P but s*** happens, the end, move on. Go get 'em Freddy.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)

You all might not like what he has to say about Harris but he is correct in that he will be in the minors when Frank comes back, there is no doubt about that.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
Sometimes a team needs a s***ty loss like this where you absolutely give the game away with tons of mistakes.  Often this will make a team focus and do better. 

Bad performance by lots of guys.

Garcia going tomorrow in a day game, our chances are good.

Biggest concern is the health of our guys.  This loss is not that big of a deal guys, everything went wrong that could've gone wrong.

Yeah it's only 1 in the grand scheme of things, not much.

I just hope it doesn't lead to shattered confidence or broken momentum.

We need to put this awful loss behind us with a solid W tomorrow.