Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Freddy needs to step his game up tomorrow and put this piece of s*** we call a game behind us.

GO GET EM FREDDY

TOTALLY!!!

This is where a star pitcher comes in and picks us back up after a nasty loss.

Trust me...Kenny thinks pretty highly of Willie. I think the reason you've heard so many things about Willie is the Sox are frustrated because they think he has the ability to be a difference maker. Unfortunatley you can't sit around and wait for a player to develop when your competing for division titles.

Still, Willie got jerked around by the Sox last year and frankly he's a solid player. He may not be a star and he's not starting, but he's a valuable piece and has a fantastic attitude. He works hard and gives it his all on the field.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:37 AM)
Jabroni,

Do the White Sox have more, IF depth or OF depth?

When Frank Thomas gets back will they need more players who can do few things, or more players who can play multiple positions?

If Harris is hitting over .300 when Frank gets back, say goodbye to Timo $1mil Perez.

SB

Which is what it should be. Harris and Ozuna are both more versataile than Perez - the only thing -- and I mean the only thing, that Perez has is an arm. Ozuna and Harris both have better range. Worse arms, but better range, and I'd venture to say are better at the plate.

I'll be really pissed if Perez isn't sent down when Frank comes back.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
LOL.  Harris is still better than Ozuna, and I don't give two s***s what Kenny Williams thinks -- which is really what you're basing your whole argument on. 

Timber...

The problem is Harris can't play SS or 3B. Ozuna can, and usually pretty well.

Jabroni,

Do the White Sox have more, IF depth or OF depth?

When Frank Thomas gets back will they need more players who can do few things, or more players who can play multiple positions?

If Harris is hitting over .300 when Frank gets back, say goodbye to Timo $1mil Perez.

SB

Timo is getting paid $1 million for the year. Do you honestly think Reinsdorf is going to cut him and pay off his contract? Willie can play 2B and some CF. It's obvious he can't play SS. Ozuna can play 2B, 3B, SS, and LF. I believe Willie has minor league options left. Isn't it obvious?

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
This thread ought to be killed tomorrow.  It's embarrassing.

No worries Thomson, I'm locking this baby up as soon as it cools down, forever filed away in the archives

Which is what it should be.  Harris and Ozuna are both more versataile than Perez - the only thing -- and I mean the only thing, that Perez has is an arm.  Ozuna and Harris both have better range.  Worse arms, but better range, and I'd venture to say are better at the plate.

I'll be really pissed if Perez isn't sent down when Frank comes back.

Timo is out of options and has a guaranteed $1 million contract. He would have to be cut and Uncle Jerry would have to pay off the rest of his contract. Ain't gonna happen.

Blah now this is turning into a Timo vs. Willie vs. Pablo thing when we're going to have to worry about that in June at the very earliest. Man this thread went down the tubes, I'm staying out of that discussion, everyone knows how I feel there.

Whats obvious is that:

Uribe, Iguchi, and Ozuna as our only 3 middle IF will spell a lot of trouble.

Today we were already scraping the bottom of the barrel and you want to create even less depth.

The reason Harris was playing SS is because we have no IF depth. Not because we have so many IF's we are trying to find them AB's.

If they keep Carl (and I think if Thomas is healthy by trade deadline they could try and trade him), then they have to get rid of Timo.

SB

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Timo is out of options and has a guaranteed $1 million contract.  He would have to be cut and Uncle Jerry would have to pay off the rest of his contract.  Ain't gonna happen.

JR gave Eddie Robinson $10 million+ to scram from the Bulls. If KW tells him Timo needs to be gone-he gone.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:39 AM)
The problem is Harris can't play SS or 3B.  Ozuna can, and usually pretty well.

I'm not really trying to pin Harris up against Ozuna here. I'm just saying Harris is better than Ozuna -- which totally is opposite of what I said in my first sentence.

But -- what I'm really trying to say is I want Timo Perez gone, vamoos, once Thomas comes back. And, if Kenny was really telling us the truth that it isn't about money, then Perez should be gone. His average defense and well-below average offense really don't do the team much good.

LOL.  Harris is still better than Ozuna, and I don't give two s***s what Kenny Williams thinks -- which is really what you're basing your whole argument on. 

Timber...

LOL, so because I'm basing my argument on what Kenny WILL DO, my argument sucks? Doesn't basing my argument on what Kenny WILL DO make my argument stronger? LOL.

To be honest, we need Ozuna a hell of a lot more than Willie.  We need a righty versatile player off the bench, as well as a backup SS. I'll be a happy man if I never have to see Willie play SS again.

Another reason why Willie will be sent down. We need righty bats off the bench, not lefties. Timo would be an option but his $1 million contract means that he won't be cut. Goodbye Willie, hello Frank.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:43 AM)
LOL, so because I'm basing my argument on what Kenny WILL DO, my argument sucks?  Doesn't basing my argument on what Kenny WILL DO make my argument stronger?  LOL.

Why, because Kenny is end all, be all?

Need I remind you of how many times we've made the playoffs in his tenure?

Timo should go down. Not Ozuna. Timo. Not Harris. Timo.