Jermaine Dye or...........

UHOHBYEBYE

RR?

Dye gets a little more time, but first off he shouldn't be in the 5 hole and second off, I'd start getting Gload and others some ab's in there. Dye is a good guy and he's healthy, he's much better than he's playing.

Hell I'd give him a day or two off just to let him ease his mind or something.

QUOTE(UHOHBYEBYE @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Who would you rather have playing RF instead of Dye.  It has to be someone within our organization. 

My vote is for Brian Anderson.

Normally I would try to defend Dye but he just looks plain lazy out there, like he is playing with no intensity and no heart. That might just be his personality and how he goes about his business so I don't want to assume the worst but right now he just isn't getting it done. That being said, we invested alot in Dye and I don't think calling someone up is the right move.

Put it this way, if Anderson is still raking in a few weeks and Dye's average is still under .200, then ya, I'd be calling Brian up. I also think the Sox could give Gloadie a shot, although he's less than stellar defensively.

The thing is, Dye is a better player than this.

I think I'd platoon Gload/Perez in RF and roll with whoever gets hot and keep Everett at DH till Frank comes back....Move up Rowand and Crede to 5/6 slots and bat the platoon at 8th with Uribe at 9....Either way, I'll puke Fri nite if I even see Dye in the lineup, let alone in the 5th slot :angry:

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Dye is a notoriously slow starter, but why Ozzie hasn't moved his ass out of the #5 spot is beyond me.

I don't know where everyone is getting this notoriously slow starter stuff. Check his splits from 2002 on. April is one of his better months. May is one of his worst.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
I don't know where everyone is getting this notoriously slow starter stuff. Check his splits from 2002 on. April is one of his better months. May is one of his worst.

If that's true, what's he gonna do in May? Ground into triple plays?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
He desperately needs to ride the pine for a while.  I'm getting really sick and tired of him and his rally killing.

If Frank were healthy I would agree with you. I'd rather not see the Timo full time player experiment again.

How bout, our fave player, Joe Borchard? he did real well in spring training. i bet even he would be doing better than JD. you cant play any worse than the way he has played.

>everyone keeps blaming JD and Hunter W. for losing this game- a row let the leadoff hitter get on. who knows what happens if he catches that ball....

jeeze and he even went to the dugout for sunglasses.

Ozzie getting ejected, that was some funny s***. i had the radio tuned on cuz im not a big fan of hawk and DJ and you could hear him b****ing at that asshole Hunter :D

Jeeze, how many sox hitters got hit this series? s***

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Do something. Put Joe in the 5 hole at least. I am SOOOO sick of him almost FINDING a new way to f*** up what the Sox hitters have going in front of him.  Motherf***er, I really can't remember the last player I was THIS frustrated with.

I got a good candidate..Royce K-Layton.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
:headshake

Joe is batting .162 in AAA, has 27 K's in 68 ABS. As bad as Dye is right now, I think Borch can stay at AAA.

LOL

As bad as it is that Borchard is hitting that bad, I can't help but laugh. You don't think he can be any worse, yet he does that?

There's 1 possible other side here to keep in mind. Dye is a career .270 hitter, who averages roughly 25 home runs a season. He has usually hit extremely well at New Comiskey Park. Right now, he's something like 13 for 80.

Eventually, unless he's hiding some sort of an injury right now...he'll snap out of this, and all of a sudden the pendulum will swing the other way and he'll hit .600 for a week or two. It just has to happen.

Over the last 2 years...the times he's had the most problems have been when he's been hurt. Last year his hand was broken for about 6 weeks, and his average fell throguh the floor. If he's hurt right now, he shouldn't be in there (and certainly shouldn't be at short.) But if he's not...he's going to snap out of it at some point.

The one good thing we can say is that Dye has been hitting the ball hard, or at least he was yesterday. When you hit the ball...eventually it'll start falling.

It's still only April 27th. If he's hitting .200 on June 27th, we have a major problem. But right now all we have is a guy in a slump. Jeter started the season in a slump last year for all of the first 2 months, and they still stuck with him. Give the guy time.

Although...he really needs to stop costing us games with errors in the outfield. That is unacceptable...especially for a guy who was supposed to be an upgrade on defense over Magglio. That's 2 games by my count.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
My Grandma.

Make that 2 votes for Nuke's G-Ma.

Seriously, Dye looks lazy as all hell out there. His swing, his running, his defense, his focus. It doesn't help that he and PK are back to back in the line up and BOTH slumping right now. Ozzie has to break that up, like Friday.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
There's 1 possible other side here to keep in mind.  Dye is a career .270 hitter, who averages roughly 25 home runs a season.  He has usually hit extremely well at New Comiskey Park.  Right now, he's something like 13 for 80.

Eventually, unless he's hiding some sort of an injury right now...he'll snap out of this, and all of a sudden the pendulum will swing the other way and he'll hit .600 for a week or two.  It just has to happen.

Over the last 2 years...the times he's had the most problems have been when he's been hurt.  Last year his hand was broken for about 6 weeks, and his average fell throguh the floor.  If he's hurt right now, he shouldn't be in there (and certainly shouldn't be at short.)  But if he's not...he's going to snap out of it at some point.

The one good thing we can say is that Dye has been hitting the ball hard, or at least he was yesterday.  When you hit the ball...eventually it'll start falling.

It's still only April 27th.  If he's hitting .200 on June 27th, we have a major problem.  But right now all we have is a guy in a slump.  Jeter started the season in a slump last year for all of the first 2 months, and they still stuck with him. Give the guy time.

Although...he really needs to stop costing us games with errors in the outfield.  That is unacceptable...especially for a guy who was supposed to be an upgrade on defense over Magglio.  That's 2 games by my count.

.....and on back to back days, on basically the same throwing error! Inexcusable.