Jermaine Dye or...........

UHOHBYEBYE

Borchard, after another hitless game, dropped to .155.

Which followed his release from the Mexican League.

He can't do it.

it's either wait for Frank to return and play Everett in right.

Summon Anderson for the job.

or ride it out with Jermaine -- and hope he doesn't drop any more fly balls and stops overthrowing the cutoff man.

RF is a problem.

As much as I think Dye has played about as terrible as physically possible to start the season I dont think the time is quite yet to drop him from the lineup....Sure drop him in the batting order, I totally agree w/ that...but give him a couple of weeks. I truly believe he is trying to hard out there right now. No one should be or is more embarrased than he was about that drop on tuesday night. Hes pressing to make up for it, lets give him a chance...

Now what do I think we should do with Borchard?Time for a change of scenery...trade him to the Pirates for some valueless plunder and a scurvy dog

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
.....and on back to back days, on basically the same throwing error! Inexcusable.

If the one today hadn't hit Byrnes it would have been a close play at third. But I guess it would be better to concede third base every time rather than try to make a play. I didn't see the one on Tuesday so I can't comment on that but I had no problem with the one today.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Carl Everett in LF can't be any worse than Dye in RF.

Everett LF - Pods CF -  Rowand RF

Everett in LF and Pods in CF = runners tagging up all day every day. Neither of these guys have the ability to defend those positions in terms of their arms. And I saw Carl make way too many questionable throws and decisions in CF his last go 'round with us. Throwing to teh wrong base, missing cutoff man..no thanks.

I just want Dye dropped to 8th or so in teh batting order, we still need him in the OF, depite his sketchy performance in Oakland.

"Notes: Dye working out of slump

Right fielder battling early season offensive woes"

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

The only thing that gives me hope for Dye is that Jim Thome is currently batting .205 with only 1 HR and 10 RBI's. Of course, Jermaine Dye is not Jim Thome.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Carl Everett in LF can't be any worse than Dye in RF.

Everett LF - Pods CF -  Rowand RF

Oh c'mon. Get real. Dye is a good defensive outfielder and Everett couldn't play good defense if his life depended on it. Dye botched a fly ball. So did that butcher in Minnesota named Torii Hunter. He sucks defensively ... at least based on your comment.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Oh c'mon.  Get real.  Dye is a good defensive outfielder and Everett couldn't play good defense if his life depended on it.  Dye botched a fly ball.  So did that butcher in Minnesota named Torii Hunter.  He sucks defensively ... at least based on your comment.

I agree he is a good defensive outfielder but this year he has already (had the infamous drop, a terrible throw to third to let the runner advance to second, misplayed a ball in the corner allowing a triple on what shouldve been at worst a double, and had another errant throw allowing an advance of a runner)...he has been charged with 3 errors already this season, and does not have an OF assist.

All this while being the worst offensive RF in baseball...(.171/.203/.303) that is pretty sick

Im pretty sure no one could do worse than that in the few games played this year.

All this being said, I still think he should be playing...

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Oh c'mon.  Get real.  Dye is a good defensive outfielder and Everett couldn't play good defense if his life depended on it.  Dye botched a fly ball.  So did that butcher in Minnesota named Torii Hunter.  He sucks defensively ... at least based on your comment.

Agreed. Dye is sucking right now and there's no way around that but I'm not worried about him at all, he'll hit and he'll hit 30 bombs this year, imo.

QUOTE(UHOHBYEBYE @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Dye is terrible, when hes not injured hes sucking up the place.  We have several options that we could work in the lineup, and even if its using Timo, at least we know that he will get some hits with men on base.

Dye- UH OH BYE BYE

I liked you better when you were babybearhater. Uh-oh, bye-bye!

Dye will turn it around. You simply do not remove veteran players from the lineup because they make a few poor defensive plays and are hitting badly in April. You just don't do it. How long did we stick with Konerko 2 years ago? How long did the Yankees stick with Jeter last year? Hell, how long did we stick with Crede while he wasn't hitting? 3 years?

I understand the suggestion that maybe we should drop Dye in the batting order; he's probably even hurting Paulie right now, since if I were a pitcher I wouldn't show Paulie anything he could remotely hit with Dye coming up next. I'd even consider Dhing Dye for a day or two if he thought it would help him.

Just give him time. He will snap out of this funk. And even Torii Hunter completely dropped a routine fly ball that hit his glove a week or so ago.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Dye will turn it around.  You simply do not remove veteran players from the lineup because they make a few poor defensive plays and are hitting badly in April.  You just don't do it.  How long did we stick with Konerko 2 years ago?  How long did the Yankees stick with Jeter last year?  Hell, how long did we stick with Crede while he wasn't hitting?  3 years?

I understand the suggestion that maybe we should drop Dye in the batting order; he's probably even hurting Paulie right now, since if I were a pitcher I wouldn't show Paulie anything he could remotely hit with Dye coming up next.    I'd even consider Dhing Dye for a day or two if he thought it would help him.

Just give him time.  He will snap out of this funk.  And even Torii Hunter completely dropped a routine fly ball that hit his glove a week or so ago.

The problem is the that part of the order is becoming a sort of black hole right now. Kong and Dye arent hitting, and are wasting the opps that are given to them. We need to find a different formula that will allow some balance in the lineup.

I loved the comparison somebody made a few weeks ago of dye looking like Michael Jordan when he played baseball.

I don't dislike Dye but he sure is an easy out right now.

Is Anderson a great prospect?

Would we be rushing him to bring him up now?

How's Borchard doing in the minors? I'm too lazy to look it up.

I say give rf to Joe B!! He can't hit any worse than Dye and when he connects it'll be a 500 foot bomb.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
How's Borchard doing in the minors? I'm too lazy to look it up.

I say give rf to Joe B!! He can't hit any worse than Dye and when he connects it'll be a 500 foot bomb.

You might wanna check those stats for borch, ain't pretty.