Gload to 15 day DL

Guest JimH

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Just posted on the official site.

Gload to the 15 day DL, Pedro Lopez recalled.

I'm betting Lopez will play SS tonite.

:huh: When did Ross get hurt?? Is this just something to get another middle infielder up? Probably.

Gload has had a bad left shoulder for almost a week, can we take a pass on all the conspiracy theories please. Farmer said a couple of nights ago it was really tough for Gload to swing a bat or throw.

He hasn't been playing so this move makes sense. Let him get 100% healthy.

So now the backup 1B is Widger/Ozuna/Dye/Everett/whoever else. :bang

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Gload has had a bad left shoulder for almost a week, can we take a pass on all the conspiracy theories please.  Farmer said a couple of nights ago it was really tough for Gload to swing a bat or throw.

He hasn't been playing so this move makes sense.  Let him get 100% healthy.

So now the backup 1B is Widger/Ozuna/Dye/Everett/whoever else. :bang

Jim, I never heard that, so that's why it definitely sounded fishy to me. Sorry about throwing a conspiracy theory out there.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
For all of you that b**** out Ozzie for PH Timo over Gload...

Willie, while Rooney & Farmer said he was "dinged up" on Tuesday night, they didn't mention why. I've seen nothing in print on it. The real reason that Ross is "injured" is that they can make it retroactive to the last time he played, April 25th.

I suspect that this is a phantom injury, or is something that wouldn't really require a DL trip, but since the other guys who are also hurting don't need a full 15 days to recover. Ross is the sacrificial lamb.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
A worse version of Wilson Valdez. The only thing he'll accomplish is making outs like it's his job.

Hopefully he looks a little more relaxed than he did this spring. He was going at 90 mph the whole time, and was trying to do too much.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
so who is this lopez guy? what type of player is he and what should we expect?

After watching him in spring ball, I felt he was a long way away from the show.

That said, Kenny is very, very high on this kid and I suppose he felt he was ready for some time in the MLB.

In the games I watched, he kicked a few balls in the field and looked awfully raw at the dish.

After watching him in spring ball, I felt he was a long way away from the show.

That said, Kenny is very, very high on this kid and I suppose he felt he was ready for some time in the MLB.

In the games I watched, he kicked a few balls in the field and looked awfully raw at the dish.

Agree with everything you say here.

Wilder said Lopez is ready now defensively to play in the big leagues, it did not look that way to me either in spring but that infield in Tucson is rock hard.

What will be interesting is who starts at SS tonite, Lopez or Harris. To be completely fair and objective, Harris did a nice job defensively last nite. Problem was, everybody took the gas pipe on offense. :lol:

Do not expect much from Lopez offensively, his stats say he was overmatched at AAA. He has some speed and can bunt, but that's about all I saw this spring and last spring.

His career stats say he doesn't walk much either and I did not see him being very disciplined in terms of the strike zone.

He is the only backup infielder type on the 40 man roster though - other than what's already on the team. If they wanted to call up Freddie Martinez they would've had to add him to the 40 man, not sure they wanted to do that.