Twins player suspended for Roids

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the first player of any merit to be suspended. Sanchez isn't a bad player but Rincon is fairly well known as one of the best set-up men in the league. I hope that Minny blows 3 leads during this time

And that is reason #321 why I hate Minnesota and anything that comes out of the state

Here's my question: Let's say you injected steroids last week. This week you get tested and fail and are suspended for ten days. Upon your return, about three weeks after using, you get tested again within 2 weeks or so. Wouldn't you still test positive from the initial usage? Do they give you a free pass since you say it's fromt he first time?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Here's my question: Let's say you injected steroids last week. This week you get tested and fail and are suspended for ten days. Upon your return, about three weeks after using, you get tested again within 2 weeks or so. Wouldn't you still test positive from the initial usage? Do they give you a free pass since you say it's fromt he first time?

Again..another reason why we need 50 game suspensions. Everyone reading this thread should do anything they can to support that proposal by Selig.

I'd say that the odds of a person being tested 2 weeks after a suspension are basically nil, given that they're only tested like 2 or 3 times a year at most.

But aside from that, as far as I read the rules, if the player did test positive twice, I'd expect him to receive the 2nd suspension level - I don't think there's any sort of free pass in there, assuming that they did remove the Commissioner's free pass that was discussed before Congress.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
I believe once you test positive you are on accelrated testing but I'm not sure when that kicks in and there is a chance I'm thinking of football

You are correct that you're thinking of football - in that game, if a person tests positive, he's gone for 1/4 of the season, and then is subject to something like 10+ random tests per year for the rest of his career. While there may be some reason to not trust that the NFL is not telling us the whole story on their testing program (check out this Bayless piece), at least on paper it works very well

Edited by Balta1701

He will be releasing a statement any time now with the standard response of "I bought it at the store, I didn't know it was bad" and that's it. 10 days go by and he will be back pitching again. I think it's bulls*** that the 'real' punishment is suppose to be their reputation. That's bulls***...GM's don't care about reps...If the dude can get saves someone will pay him. If the guy hits home runs...someone will pay him.

I want consequences such as Seligs new proposal. That could be in effect for the next couple years to get things cleaned up. Then by 2007 it should be caught once you're out an entire season, caught twice you are done.