Off the "rocker" ....

sox-r-us

I love this excerpt:

As Rocker left the field, Dave Macken of Atlantic City, a Surf fan sitting near the visitors dugout, yelled, "It's a long way from Atlanta."

According to Macken, Rocker replied, "I'm still a millionaire and you're a piece of [expletive]." Macken told The Press of Atlantic City that the two then exchanged vulgarities.

Rocker recalled the exchange differently. "Call me what you want, but don't start cussing at me like that," Rocker said. "That's just wrong."

:headshake :lol:

a_rocker1_i.jpg

I've taken a lot of crap from a lot of people. Probably more than anybody in the history of this sport. I know Hank [Aaron] and Jackie [Robinson] took a good deal of crap, but I guarantee it wasn't for six years. I just keep thinking: How much am I supposed to take?

Rocker's a bone-head, but it's unfortunate that political correctness has made him an outcast. I mean, I don't like the guy, and I think what he said was ignorant, but there's plenty of minorities who've said similar things about whites (or other groups) with little or no backlash. Hell, Reggie White nailed everyone, but it blew over pretty quickly.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 7, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
John Rocker: American Bad Ass

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

IMO, John Rocker: American Dumbass

Arrogant, hateful, self-pitying imbecile, blaming anyone and everyone else for the problems that his ignorant mind and diarrhetic mouth have caused for himself.