Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

We need to break out of this. I have an idea on how...how about they all stop swinging for the fences and play like the small ball team they are built to be. Since Toronto, where for some reason we turned into the power hitting 04' Sox, everyones been hitting easy fly balls and popups.

Put the bat on the ball to opposite field now, thank you.

These guys are all out of their rhythm.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
If finals stress you out that bad I wish you luck with any kinda of further education.  I can't wait to see you when the sox lose 5 in a row, which they will, its just a matter of time, it'll happen at least once over this 162 game season.  Only the past two days or so makes up half the time you've been here.  I'm just saying look at the whole season, look at what they've done, look at the pitching, look at the pathetic offense.  To me this gives me reasons to be optimistic not pessimistic.  How long can our middle of the order guys bat below .200?  It just wont remain, it can't.  They will start hitting again, our pitching will remain solid, and we will continue winning at a good clip.  To that I say, Go Sox, 24 - 9, 34 straight games with a lead!

I am pretty optimistic, I just get frustrated easily. And finals don't stress me out that much, but I curse a lot so it seems like I'm really pissed. I know this team will continue to do great this year.

Personally, I'm not any more impressed with the Twins offense than with our own. Marunaueou or however you spell his name isn't that special, hes no Frank Thomas. They are simply not folding under pressure, keeping their cool and doing what it takes to win, we are losing our cool, swinging from the heels, and f***ing up bases loaded no out opportunties GAME AFTER GAME.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
Personally, I'm not any more impressed with the Twins offense than with our own.  Marunaueou or however you spell his name isn't that special, hes no Frank Thomas.  They are simply not folding under pressure, keeping their cool and doing what it takes to win, we are losing our cool, swinging from the heels, and f***ing up bases loaded no out opportunties GAME AFTER GAME.

Game after game? You can't be serious.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Personally, I'm not any more impressed with the Twins offense than with our own.  Marunaueou or however you spell his name isn't that special, hes no Frank Thomas.  They are simply not folding under pressure, keeping their cool and doing what it takes to win, we are losing our cool, swinging from the heels, and f***ing up bases loaded no out opportunties GAME AFTER GAME.

Hate to break it to you but Morneau is a f***ing stud.

Sure hes no young Frank, but hes just as good as Frank currently is now

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
We need to break out of this.  I have an idea on how...how about they all stop swinging for the fences and play like the small ball team they are built to be.  Since Toronto, where for some reason we turned into the power hitting 04' Sox, everyones been hitting easy fly balls and popups.

Put the bat on the ball to opposite field now, thank you.

These guys are all out of their rhythm.

I can't stand to watch this pathetis offense. We need Frank back.

This pitcher is terrible and we pop the ball up. One hit we do have hit the doggone catwalk. Jermaine Dye needs to be sitting on the bench. He is an automatic out. Now Singleton is up and i bet he gets a base hit.

I can't be serious?

So far we have done this in EVERY game against the Rays.

Had GOLDEN opportunties to score easy and didn't.

And so far...we have lost both games because when they are in the same situations, they do NOT fail to score runs.

:P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
Game after game?  You can't be serious.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)

I suggest those who don't know take a glance at Morneau's numbers...

Sadly for us, he's been impressive.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)

Morneau is easily a better hitter than Frank right now, even if Frank is healthy. Nothing against Frank, but Morneau is one of the premiere power hitters in the AL now.