5/13/05 Game Thread - Sox's vs O's Part 2

DBAHO

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Buehrle's due for a gem. I would be perfectly happy with a 2-2 split with The O's and and a series winner from Texas.

f*** that. We need to take at least 3 of these 4 to really stuff it up the ass of these assholes like Moronatti that think we can only beat s*** teams.

f*** that.  We need to take at least 3 of these 4 to really stuff it up the ass of these assholes like Moronatti that think we can only beat s*** teams.

"Stuff it up the ass of these assholes." You are like a poet, man! :cheers

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
An Aussie starting the thread?

Phh...  :lol:

(You know I'm kidding  :P )

Go get 'em, Mark!  :headbang

1-0 in Sox Game Threads in 05 so far. Hell I went for the favorable matchup though. :lol:

Pulled this from Baseball Tonight Extra for what it's worth:

Friday: Rodrigo Lopez vs. Mark Buehrle

Buehrle is among the games quickest workers, but in Lopez's last three starts, the games have lasted an average of 3 hours, 52 minutes.

I'm finally getting my ass out to the park tonight. As a result, I'm getting fired from my job, so I don't want to hear people b**** about this guy not going to enough games. The rain better stay away, but as long as they get the game in I'll be happy.

Guest JimH
I'm finally getting my ass out to the park tonight. As a result, I'm getting fired from my job, so I don't want to hear people b**** about this guy not going to enough games. The rain better stay away, but as long as they get the game in I'll be happy.

Sorry to hear this. Even though you didn't ask my advice, here it is anyway :P

Even if it's the world's s***tiest job and even if your bosses are total jerks ... don't get fired and don't ever burn a bridge. You never know when you might want a reference or might work with any of those people again. Stranger things have, and do happen.

Always try to leave your job on your own terms. It's bad enough with layoffs and company closings and all ... but don't get fired. Especially for a baseball game, it's not worth it.

By the way, it is raining like crazy in Naperville as I type this, about 12:15.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 13, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)

Now that's commitment. The rest of us have no excuse....

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)

That's nothing special, you were quitting anyway :P

Have fun tonight... I am going Sunday and can't wait.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)

I'll be there as well, hoping that they somehow get the game in. Rain is apparently supposed to clear around 9.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 13, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Sorry to hear this.  Even though you didn't ask my advice, here it is anyway  :P

Even if it's the world's s***tiest job and even if your bosses are total jerks ... don't get fired and don't ever burn a bridge.  You never know when you might want a reference or might work with any of those people again.  Stranger things have, and do happen.

Always try to leave your job on your own terms.  It's bad enough with layoffs and company closings and all ... but don't get fired.  Especially for a baseball game, it's not worth it.

By the way, it is raining like crazy in Naperville as I type this, about 12:15.

Just as an aside, time heals all wounds. I just used a video crew from a place I was fired from, and held a grudge for a long time, this last Tuesday. Even if you are fired, you can always go back as a client and rub their faces in it. I mean, work as a team. :P

:gosox1: