McCarthy idea-Bmac promoted to the big time?

Princess Dye

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 20, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
HA, and WSI just madet heir 1st post about it now.

Soxtalk is the ownage.

We are soooo 75 posts ahead of them... But I guess that is what happens when the biggest pitching prospect in baseball is a member at your site. :cheers

there is no doubt someone is hurt, and it appears from the last start that elduque had its probably him. His velocity was way down and missed all his spots, this is disturbing if true. I really do not want to see Mcarthy pitching yet, and it is also disturbing that the sox have not released any info.

Guest JimH
there is no doubt someone is hurt, and it appears from the last start that elduque had its probably him. His velocity was way down and missed all his spots, this is disturbing if true. I really do not want to see Mcarthy pitching yet, and it is also disturbing that the sox have not released any info.

Think about it.

It's smart they haven't said anything.

Two reasons, one ... they want the Cubs confused as to who's pitching Sunday and who they're preparing for ... El Duque or McCarthy.

Second reason ... maybe El Duque is a game time decision.

There is absolutely no reason for them to make any annoucement on El Duque until just before the game Sunday. If they make an announcement earlier, fine, but there is no need to.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Think about it.

It's smart they haven't said anything.

Two reasons, one ... they want the Cubs confused as to who's pitching Sunday and who they're preparing for ... El Duque or McCarthy.

Second reason ... maybe El Duque is a game time decision.

There is absolutely no reason for them to make any annoucement on El Duque until just before the game Sunday.  If they make an announcement earlier, fine, but there is no need to.

yea they are really smart, nobody can figure this out. right. they are really fooling people.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Calm down and re-read my post, it makes sense.  No reason to rush the announement.

Ya, for the reasons of, if Duque isn't that severely hurt than they wouldn't waste an option by announcing his call up too early. Of course if he is going to miss a few starts, than they'd know that be now and you'd think it wouldn't matter if they announced it a little more in advance.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 20, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
0154.jpg

well, i guess it turns out this is quite the 'macho' thread after all?

like i said earlier, if you're making a push for a championship, why not bring in every asset you can ..... if it fits. right now he fills a need better than anyone else: we found out last year how little we have in the way of major league ready prospects

as far as wasting his option or bringing him closer to arbitration..... i dont think these are issues. re: option, if he's solid it won't matter... hell, it was never an issue with Garland and he was always shaky as hell. that reminds me, Jon did some long relief stints too. Gasp!

re: arbitration..... i dont think anyone doubted he'd see some time up this year, anyway. El Duque hasnt pitched a full year in awhile.... and plus he woulda been here in August at worst

Edited by Princess Dye