Brandon McCarthy ML debut game thread vs Cubs

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 21, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Man, I can't even count the amount of times my dad has done the same thing to me.  Anyways, it's going to be pretty exciting to see Brandon make his debut.  If there is anyone who seems like he could be successful during his first start it's bmac, he just seems to have a great head on his shoulders, hopefully he does what we all know he can do and help us sweep the flubs.

yeah i remember when everyone was pumped for diaz and munoz and they turned out to be not so good, but bmac is gonna be different

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
Yep.

Almost captures what I was feeling when I saw that ball pop off of Patterson's mit...

my dad was watching the game w/ me (not a big sports fan) and i absolutely jumped out of my seat and screamed, all this after rocking nervously throughout the entire PK at-bat.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 21, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
That was classic.  What is more classic is when I was reading a Cubs board a week ago and they were ripping on Jim Edmonds and saying that Korey Patterson is worthy of a Gold Glove. :lolhitting

These are the same idiots who said K-orey Patterson was a better lead off man than Posednik. What a bunch of f***ing idiots.

I have a feeling Brandon is gonna wear 40 tomorrow..... it was his number all of last year in the minors, and his number this year (15) is taken by Tadie....

The last pitcher to wear 40 for the sox.... Mr. Parque, lets hope Bmac's career has a better story than jimmy's did

EDIT: just remembered Fatolo Colon wore 40 for the sox in 2003

Weather.com says that the wind will be blowing west / northwest at 14 - 17 mph so it will be blowing out towards right field. If the wind blows mostly northwest, it should knock down balls that are hit to LF and CF. The game-time temperature should be 71° - 73° and sunny. Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ May 21, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
I have a feeling Brandon is gonna wear 40 tomorrow..... it was his number all of last year in the minors, and his number this year (15) is taken by Tadie....

The last pitcher to wear 40 for the sox.... Mr. Parque, lets hope Bmac's career has a better story than jimmy's did

EDIT: just remembered Fatolo Colon wore 40 for the sox in 2003

And I remember Wilson Alvarez wearing number 40. His first start for the White Sox turned out ok. I could live with that outcome today.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 22, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
It looks like we might start the game with a rain delay...

that would be nice for me, im stuck at work, maybe get dealyed to 5ish if not oh well :gosox3:

Rotoworld says Arow will be most likely sitting this game....

Pods in CF and Carl in LF?

EDIT: Yep...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=6742

Latest News  May. 22, 2005 - 7:16 am et

Manager Ozzie Guillen said he will likely give center fielder Aaron Rowand today off.

Scott Podsednik would slide over from left field to replace Rowand in center, with Carl Everett taking over for Podsednik in left.

Source:  Chicago Tribune

Edited by Jabroni