Viz is a bum

soxfan420

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
If Viz could throw his fastball for strikes he'd be a lot more dominate, unfortunately the only thing he throws for strikes is his slider and pitchers just wait for him to leave it up (and he does it far too often) and bam...HR.

Let's send this bag of s*** to the Cubs, they could always use another BP arm. Sure, he sucks, but he's better than most of their guys.

This is the first guy that I've said we should trade for anything. He truly is worthless here. Get a prospect or something out of him.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Ozzie would also not know that since he claims to not look at stats.

Ya, but its his bench coaches job to look at those stats and know him. Although I don't think Harold does much anything. Maybe he helps Walker out.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
I'd be all for sending Viz back to the NL for a decent prospect, then moving Contreras to the BP after El Duque comes back.

Hell no, I ain't moving Count...he's pitched better than Duque.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Who would you suggest then; El Duque?

If BMAC keeps haveing success, you just CAN'T send him back to AAA.

Send walker down and put mccarthy in the pen. We can surely use the help in the pen. I have said all year that the pen was gonna be the weak spot and it is proving to be so. Cotts, shingo, and vizcaino don't scare anyone. Quite the opposite actually.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
come on people, he gave up a pop fly homer, it wasnt a bad pitch, and any other day that would have been in the mitt.  Great game by everyone, good series, lets take em at the CELL

It's not just about one game. LV has sucked so bad this year. He is hurting the team.

Shingo actually looked really good today. Well he looked good on 3 of the batters his face...the 1st two and than the final out. His fastball was zipping and damn did he make Burnitz look like a fool.

I kind of think Shingo is getting closer.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Shingo actually looked really good today.  Well he looked good on 3 of the batters his face...the 1st two and than the final out.  His fastball was zipping and damn did he make Burnitz look like a fool. 

I kind of think Shingo is getting closer.

First time this year I saw him get his frisbee over.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
come on people, he gave up a pop fly homer, it wasnt a bad pitch, and any other day that would have been in the mitt.  Great game by everyone, good series, lets take em at the CELL

Excuses are already really old for this guy.

He has given up at least one run nine out the 17 times he has entered a game.

That is what i call pathetic. We could have a hundred other pitches do the same thing for much less.

I watched the game with my buddy and I had to get something out of my car. When I came back I asked my buddy, "So did Vizcaino give up a bomb?" Yep, I knew it was going to happen. Vizcaino is indeed a bum.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
I watched the game with my buddy and I had to get something out of my car. When I came back I asked my buddy, "So did Vizcaino give up a bomb?"  Yep, I knew it was going to happen.  Vizcaino is indeed a bum.

I saw him warming when the Sox were still batting. Knew that couldn't be good. When he came in, I asked my brother why they were doing it and said he's going to give up a homer. It's too easy with this guy.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
That hurt buehrle and many pitchers that got eased into the rotation. My bad.

For the most part it's not a bad idea but with Brandon it is. That's a good way to do it for a pitcher to gain confidence and realize he can pitch in the show. Bmac knows he can pitch here and he needs to be taking the ball every 5 days to improve even more.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
For the most part it's not a bad idea but with Brandon it is.  That's a good way to do it for a pitcher to gain confidence and realize he can pitch in the show.  Bmac knows he can pitch here and he needs to be taking the ball every 5 days to improve even more.

6-man rotation, let's get it done!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
For the most part it's not a bad idea but with Brandon it is.  That's a good way to do it for a pitcher to gain confidence and realize he can pitch in the show.  Bmac knows he can pitch here and he needs to be taking the ball every 5 days to improve even more.

Our bullpen needs more depth, it really does. It is not as good as every one claims/ has claimed. None of buehrle, hernandez, contreras, garland, or garcia is gonna go into the pen no matter how much anyone thinks so or hopes so. I have no problem with mccarthy starting this year if hernandez is out but once he returns hernandez is one of our starters this year know matter how well mccarthy does in the next start or two. The only logical choice would be for mccarthy to be moved into the bull pen. Next year we could look to move one of hernandez/contreras to fit mccarthy in.

I blame this s*** on Ozzie. Why not use Cotts? The Cubs did not see him through out the whole series. The Cubs have seen him (Luis Vizcaino) plenty of times when he was with Milwaukee and recently on Friday. Viz has struggled since that outing with Cleveland, but that excuse has been used plenty of times. It's time for Luis to get his head out of his ass...

Edited by Yoda