Viz is a bum

soxfan420

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 22, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
But unlike Borchard, Vizcaino has at least done something good at the major league level.

but borchard atleast did somethings right, he hit the ball real far and showed power potentiol(i know hes not a young buck anymore but he could still turn it on)

viz does one thing right and thats walk batters and give up homers. he reminds me of jackson and rick white.

QUOTE(soxfan420 @ May 23, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
but borchard atleast did somethings right, he hit the ball real far and showed power potentiol(i know hes not a young buck anymore but he could still turn it on)

viz does one thing right and thats walk batters and give up homers. he reminds me of jackson and rick white.

It hasn't even been 2 months of the season, and you've already made your mind up about Vizcaino. He's a flyball pitcher, who gave up a routine fly ball today, that got caught in the wind for a homer. Right now his lefty splits (which was the main reason we got him) suck. But last season, they were some of the best in the LEAGUE for a righty. He's not going to be this bad, all season long.

One thing on him though, he may have a bit of a dead arm. Last year, pre All - Star 2.88 ERA in 40.2 IP, post all - star 4.88 ERA in 31.1 IP. Just something to consider.

Borch can hit the ball hard. Yeah, about once in every 20 AB's. .188 AVG in Charlotte this season with a 53/12 K/BB ratio says he won't make it, at least not with us.

I was at the game yesterday and what I noticed more than anything is the amount of time Viz was taking between pitches. Sox pitchers have been preaching all year: WORK FAST, WORK FAST.

And here this guy is walking around the mound, shaking off pitches. I said to the woman next to me as he was doing this; "You guys are going to score this inning off of this guy."

Sure enough. He is a mop-up guy, nothing more. He should not have been brought in during that situation. We won the series, but great teams put bad teams away in those situations.

I tivo'd the game yesterday and after Viz gave up the dong he got the ball from the ump, turned around and faced centerfield and started to lick the ball. Almost like he was putting a spitter on it. Very wierd.

He needs to start to spot the fastball a bit more and use it more. His slider should be his outpitch. Currently he is pitching backwards, using his slider to throw for strikes and then coming in with the fastball.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
It hasn't even been 2 months of the season, and you've already made your mind up about Vizcaino. He's a flyball pitcher, who gave up a routine fly ball today, that got caught in the wind for a homer. Right now his lefty splits (which was the main reason we got him) suck. But last season, they were some of the best in the LEAGUE for a righty. He's not going to be this bad, all season long.

One thing on him though, he may have a bit of a dead arm. Last year, pre All - Star 2.88 ERA in 40.2 IP, post all - star 4.88 ERA in 31.1 IP. Just something to consider.

Borch can hit the ball hard. Yeah, about once in every 20 AB's. .188 AVG in Charlotte this season with a 53/12 K/BB ratio says he won't make it, at least not with us.

Vizcaino was bad two years ago, there is actually reason to believe he'll return to those kinds of numbers. How long are we supposed to wait for him? It's been 1 1/2 months, and he looks just as bad as he did in the beginning. We can't continue to let him hurt us the way he has. The team needs to look for an in-house answer, and if one can't be found, make a trade.

Heres the thing. KW is looking to make a move as we speak. YOu know he is, he sees this as the season where he can solidify his position for the next several years. Now we could easily lose Viz to another team, because we have superior depth in the minors. As far as bullpen arms go, Baj and Jenks could both close some innings in relief for the big club. Both guys have completely shut down hitter in the minors, and I think have the makeup to s*** down some bats if brought up. Viz could be part of any deal right now and I would have no problem with it.

That pitch that Viz gave to Dubois would have been an out in any other stadium... Im not going to blame the guy for a wind blown homerun..

I guess Prior sucks as well since he gave up 3 homeruns yesterday...

some of fans on this site are a bunch of crybabies...

Yeah, let's forget about all those other games that Vizcaino has sucked in this season. Vizcaino's ERA isn't 6.55 just because of yesterday's game or that game against Cleveland earlier in the season. He has been consistently s***ting himself on the mound.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
That pitch that Viz gave to Dubois would have been an out in any other stadium... Im not going to blame the guy for a wind blown homerun..

Exactly what Jabroni said. This guy has sucked consistently all year, so let's cut him another break.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
You really think Jenks is ready?  Everything I've heard says that he's going to need a year or two in the minors.

100 mph fastball and a killer curve-not to mention nobody can hit him and he is racking up saves. He may need a year or two, but its hard to deny his stuff is electric.

I totally agree with you 100%, its not like we are in last place 50 games out, we have the best record in baseball. I didn't see this s*** about Shingo after he gave up the 3 homers in one inning against Cleveland. Maybe there was some things written, but not like this, and Shingo hasn't been great either.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ May 22, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Yeah but we are catching a break with the LA Angels, with Vlad and their top closer on the shelf.

We don't have Frank Thomas in the line up either. Vlad is injured. It happens and you take advantage of the breaks when they are given you, right?

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 23, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Take away the Cleveland game and the wind blown home run. Viz era is not that bad....

Sure he isnt the greatest reliever im just saying to cry about yesterdays performance is dumb...

Geez, look at his game-by-game breakdown. He gives up runs over half the time he's in a game. Luisa blows. He should not have been the one brought in if BMac had to come out (I have no problem with Guillen's call to remove him, just his s***ty choice of reliever)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
100 mph fastball and a killer curve-not to mention nobody can hit him and he is racking up saves.  He may need a year or two, but its hard to deny his stuff is electric.

Jenks isn't close to ready for the show. He's gotta show a bit more control before we annoint him as Eric Gagne.

Jenks has looked very good this spring. That said, he is not ready for the Show. This kid has had problems, the last thing we need to do is turn him into the next Kyle Farnsworth.

Leave him where he's at, Bajenaru and Munoz are ahead of him on the depth chart, not to mention Adkins.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
Take away the Cleveland game and the wind blown home run. Viz era is not that bad....

Sure he isnt the greatest reliever im just saying to cry about yesterdays performance is dumb...

i never comment on one performance he is wild and when i see him throw he doesnt know where it is going, to allow atleast a single run half your appreaces is horrible it is worse than giving up the big inning once in a while