Pujols a class act

Reddy

Albert Pujols - 1B - STL

Albert Pujols was at the hospital yesterday, but not for his own injury.

He is fine, but was visiting a two-year-old boy that was hit in the forehead by one of Pujols' foul balls on Monday. He brought the kid an autographed bat, an autographed hat, an autographed baseball card, two autographed baseballs, two batting gloves he wore in a recent game and a pair Nike cleats. He also posed for a Polaroid photograph with the boy and told his parents they could get free game tickets anytime. ''I'm just here to pay some family some respect,'' Pujols said. ''I'm glad he's doing better. He's a nice little kid.'' Very cool. May. 26 - 9:20 am et

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Albert Pujols is an unbelievable human being. He's taking his stardom so well, he's using his celebrity to bring happiness to his fans. I'm sure a lot of us have seen the piece on ESPN about the little mentally handicapped girl that Pujols has befriended. He has changed her life and genuinly cares about the people that look up to him.

A big cheers to Albert Pujols :cheers

I hope Pujols is genuine. He really seems to be a great young man and I hope he can maintain it over the long haul. He could be very good for baseball, as opposed to some of the other "superstars" we've recently seen.

When Jim and I were in Florida 2 years ago for ST we wanted to go see St Louis play and Sidney called and got us tickets.. we had no idea who they were from. When we got to the park we were taken to field level. Turned out that Pujols was the one that left us the tickets as a favor to Sid and introduced himself to us. We were totally blown away. Sidney has had tickets left for us many times in Florida and never had a player ever bothered to actually take the time to do such a thing.

Pujols also on a pretty regular basis invites kids to the games from the YMCA and Boy and Girl Scouts. If others were only half as caring as him we'd have a lot of good guys in baseball.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
It also seems to me that he regularly visits a kid who wrote to him, who has the same disease as his kid...  I can't remember details, but I think it was Pujols... anyone else remember this?

Yeah, there was a story on that just last week. He does a lot for kids with down-syndrome.

MLB needs to magnify this sort of thing. If the media doesn't do it, MLB needs to do it. Put a shadow over all the steroids controversy, stop caring about Barry f***ing Bonds and give props to a man like Albert Pujols.

Not everyone that plays the game is money hungry and selfish. :cheers to Albert Pujols.