Former Sox Pitcher Jon Rauch Injured

JDsDirtySox

FROM ROTOWORLD:

Nationals placed RHP Jon Rauch on the 15-day disabled list with a torn right labrum.

Woah! Since when? Some additional details would be nice. Rauch already had one shoulder surgery back in 2001, and he never recovered fully. If he has to go under the knife again, then his future looks bleak.

Right here b****es:

-Signed pitcher C.J. Nitkowski;

-placed pitcher Jon Rauch on the 15-day disabled list with a torn right labrum;

-transferred outfielder Terrmel Sledge to the 60-day disabled list;

-designated pitcher Claudio Vargas for assignment;

-optioned pitcher Zach Day to New Orleans of the Pacific Coast League (AAA);

-activated pitcher T.J. Tucker from the disabled list;

-purchased the contracts of outfielder Tyrell Godwin and pitcher Sun-woo Kim from New Orleans.

Edited by Kalapse

He is done. I tore my right labrum and I still can't throw and it's almost been a year. I really feel for him, it sucks major balls to tear the labrum in your throwing shoulder. If he does come back, it won't be for long. The injury is going to keep coming back, as it has for me. :(

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
He is done. I tore my right labrum and I still can't throw and it's almost been a year. I really feel for him, it sucks major balls to tear the labrum in your throwing shoulder. If he does come back, it won't be for long. The injury is going to keep coming back, as it has for me. :(

I am sure he would also have better medical access than you do. Players have come back from worse, who know. We will just have to see.

Guest JimH

I like Claudio Vargas. He's coming back from an elbow problem and may not be fully recovered for a bit, but he's a hard thrower and still young. He's been bad this year but I'd chalk that up to his injury. His stats were decent in Montreal, not spectacular but he knows what he'd doing and he'll pitch inside.

Hopefully the White Sox think about it. I thought Strickland would've been a good guy to get into the organization but the Astros signed him.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ May 26, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
I am sure he would also have better medical access than you do. Players have come back from worse, who know. We will just have to see.

I went to Dr. Bach and he's a White Sox team doctor. I didn't need the surgery, which was good, but if Rauch needs the surgery it would be at least a 4 month recovery and as much as a year. And the injury would probably come back. Best of luck the Jon in his recovery/life after baseball.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 26, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Hopefully the White Sox think about it.  I thought Strickland would've been a good guy to get into the organization but the Astros signed him.

I agree on strickland. He is still only 29 and was a damn good set-up man for years. I don't think a minor league deal would have hurt. Hell, we have signed much worse players than him to minor league contracts. The reason it is a shame is because we need another right handed reliever and he will be ready to go within three weeks.

I agree with cheat about day. This would be a great time to look into trading for him because his stock seems to be at aan all time low. He was just sent to triple a new orleans yesterday due to a 6.75 era this season. But he is definitely not a 6+ era type pitcher. I would love for him to be in our pen/spot starter. Did i mention he is only 26?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
Meh, Wells wouldn't be better than any pitcher in our current rotation.

We also have a top 3 rotation in the majors. Not a lot of team's pitchers would crack our rotation. Saying he wouldn't is not saying he is a bad pitcher.

Al Leiter, Greg Maddux, nor anyone else in that tier of pitching would probably crack our rotation...that does not mean they are bad pitchers, but rather that our rotation is THAT good.

I don't say this much and I don't wish him injuries, but he's an ass.  I've heard way too many things about Jon and there is no chance I'll ever cheer for or root for the prick.

Rauch has actually done worse things than ditching his team like last season?

Edited by Jabroni

right side, I hope he's got an automatic transmission as he drives out of DC.

In 2000 we were the envy of every organization with our pitching prospects and Jon headed the class. Amazing that these guys aren't doing more.