Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
reading some of these posts makes me sick saying the game is over, and this team sucks. I know it may look bleak but its not over till its over some of you call yourselfs fans well try acting like it and have faith. And for the people saying we suck we are palying  the hottest team in baseball right now! just have some patience

Alright, I have faith that we have lost this game. But, I also have faith that this will not last and The Sox will get hot again. The season isn't over, it's May.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
are you joking? morneau hasn't even played a full season yet. paulie is a proven 30-plus homer guy. i'm glad we're not overreacting on this board or anything.

I'd take Morneau over PK in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I would take Lew Ford over Everett and possibly Frank, Morneau over PK, Stewart over Pods, Jones over Dye, Cuddyer over Crede, their plantoon over Uribe, Mauer over A.J.  Santana over Buerhle, Radke over Garland, Silva over Garcia, Mays over El-Duque and only Contreras over Lohse.  Not to mention their entire bullpen over ours with the lone exception of Hermy.

Then go be a f***ing Twins fan.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
Sure and Chan Ho Park is Cy Young.  Stop putting on the cubby blue glasses and just saying the whitesox are great rah rah rah.  We have 7 out of 9 hitters that are sub 260.  If our pitching doesnt pitch like cy young we dont win games.  Period.

i am not saying there great but look at the record they are in first place and best record in the bigs. what more do you want!

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
are you joking? morneau hasn't even played a full season yet. paulie is a proven 30-plus homer guy. i'm glad we're not overreacting on this board or anything.

I said Morneau was better than Konerko before the season started. You don't have to have a proven major league track record to be good.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I would take Lew Ford over Everett and possibly Frank, Morneau over PK, Stewart over Pods, Jones over Dye, Cuddyer over Crede, their plantoon over Uribe, Mauer over A.J.  Santana over Buerhle, Radke over Garland, Silva over Garcia, Mays over El-Duque and only Contreras over Lohse.  Not to mention their entire bullpen over ours with the lone exception of Hermy.

I'd take Uribe over their SS platoon in the long run. Also, Garcia and Silva is a pretty even match-up.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

you sound like you're getting ready to move to Minnesota.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

I can tell who you think will win the A.L. Central. But yeah I do agree with a lot of the names you mentioned.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
i am not saying there great but look at the record they are in first place and best record in the bigs. what more do you want!

I want us to win more than 2 games out of our last 6 against decent teams.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)

2003 KC Royals. I pray that we don't end up like them, and I think we're more legit than that team was. However, we're going NOWHERE if we continue to have easy outs in our lineup.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
what's the logic? paulie is 0 for 3 today so you want to get rid of him?

Yeah, this is the only bad game Paulie has had all year.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
I said Morneau was better than Konerko before the season started. You don't have to have a proven major league track record to be good.

i agree. past performance is no guarantee of current production. but paulie is having a better season than morneau this year, so i'm not getting it.

just someone tell me what makes him better? his propensity for hitting the ball the opposite way?

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
what's the logic? paulie is 0 for 3 today so you want to get rid of him?

Wow, I don't recall I ever said that. I'm just saying that if I had the choice, I'd take Morenau, no questions asked. Also, for the person who said Garcia and Silva isn't a pretty even match-up.....I disagree. Silva has got off to a great start, but he still gives up a ton of hits in a game. His ERA is also better than he's really been because of a few unearned runs. In the long run, I bet they end up with similar numbers.

It is not logical thinking to believe that The Sox will take every series. 2 out of 3 from The Cubs, a split in Anaheim and losing 2 to Texas is not a bad road trip. Who knows what would have happened yesterday. As bad as the team is right now, some of the logic of this board is worse.

Come on home boys, regroup and start it again :gosox1:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Morneau is a f***ing stud.

he is, and with him also being 5 years younger than Konerko, I'd definitely take Morneau over Paulie. and look, Politte struck out Mench. think the result would have been similar had he been pitching to him in the 6th?