Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Not to be an asshole, but did I miss the games where we hit the ball hard?  I've seen more weak pop ups than anything else.  Even a lot of the Rangers outs were hit hard the past few games.

Not just the 3 games, the entire West Coast trip. Everett and Konerko were hitting some hard shots, but right at a fielder. Plus, Texas (and Anaheim) played some good defense this week.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
How much would it cost to have Crede or Everett's legs broken. Someone should suffer the way they've made us suffer.

Great screename.

Welcome to soxtalk. :cheers

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
How much would it cost to have Crede or Everett's legs broken. Someone should suffer the way they've made us suffer.

:headshake

Nice knowin' ya.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Bloop hits will occur more when you dont try and pull every f***ing pitch.  Nearly every bloop by the Rangers went towards the opposite field.  Coincidence?

No, depending on the balls contact with the bat (below/above 'sweet spot'),it could happen whether or not the hitter is purposely attempting to pull a pitch.

When Politte pitched in the 7th and the ball dropped between Uribe/Pods, it was not the result of opposite field hitting.

No, depending on the balls contact with the bat (below/above 'sweet spot'),it could happen whether or not the hitter is purposely attempting to pull a pitch.

When Politte pitched in the 7th and the ball dropped between Uribe/Pods, it was not the result of opposite field hitting.

You actually watched past the 7th. Any resonable person would have kicked in their t.v. screen during the 6th.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Are you sure you're watching the Chicago White Sox?

I'm sorry, but only Everett hitting two hard hit balls at the Angels were the times during our recent road trip where I felt we might have deserved the hit. Our hitting was pathetic this week, no other way to state it. We don't hit the ball hard at all.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
I suppose you'd rather vote these two guys onto the all star team.  People like you stick up for Sox players at all cost.  Putz.

You come in with a dumb screen-name, and then you attack posters because they don't have your doom-and-gloom philosophy.

Yep, your stay should be long and fruitful. :rolly

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
After the last three games what is your attitude toward the Sox?  Seashells and sunshine?

It's called a slump. Even the '27 Yankees had one of those. Will the Sox return to the mashing team they were over the last couple of years. Doubtful. Will they hit better as the year goes on. Probable. You weather the storm when the team struggles like this. The pitching wasn't going to be Cy Young quality the entire season. The hitting won't be Mendoza line quality either.

It's called a slump.  Even the '27 Yankees had one of those. Will the Sox return to the mashing team they were over the last couple of years.  Doubtful.  Will they hit better as the year goes on.  Probable.  You weather the storm when the team struggles like this.  The pitching wasn't going to be Cy Young quality the entire season.  The hitting won't be Mendoza line quality either.

With all due respect, the season is a third over and nobody has hit consistantly, save for Iguchi. Furthermore, the first stretch of games against good teams brings a sub-.500 record. Does the term "fools gold" resonate?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Thank God you are here today. :cheers

Don't get me wrong. I'm still p'oed over the loss, but it's like some people are expecting 162-0. Acting like Texas as an also-ran is crazy. The past 2 weeks, the Sox have played 4 of 5 teams either in 1st place or battling for 1st place, with the Cubs being the only exception. Essentially, they broke even. They split with the O's and Angels, took 2/3 from Texas at the Cell, and lost 2 in Arlington. If they're doing this in August when they get the next wave of 1st/2nd place teams like the Yankees/Red Sox/Twins, then I'll start to panic. Until then, they have to remain steady.

It gets no easier tomorrow, but I am comforted by the fact that Buehrle will be on the hill, & some guy who used to play 1st base is supposed to join the lineup tomorrow. :D

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
I am in the same boat you are. I don't know if im going to go out with GF tonight cause I know I will be a dick tonight, and I don't want to have to pay for it later, lol.

Yeah, don't waste your time blowing her up. ZING!!! :P

Sorry, I had to try and make a joke to lighten the mood in here.

Edited by Brian

I am in the same boat you are. I don't know if im going to go out with GF tonight cause I know I will be a dick tonight, and I don't want to have to pay for it later, lol.

However, I am taking everything into account, like you are, and realizing how long the season is, the Sox record, the teams we have been playing the last week, and the homestand coming up, and im not loading the gun like 75% of the site.

I'm not loading the gun either......I'm tightening the noose.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
I'm not loading the gun either......I'm tightening the noose.

Are you really a White Sox fan or just join the website to screw with us ? You seem reasonably intelligent , good vocabulary, grammar , etc. Does your whole mood depend entirely on White Sox baseball ? Why the name calling ? Usually a new member with get a warm welcome because we all love the Sox but you seem intent on acting like a jackass. Your whole attitude is negative from your screen name to all your comments. Go beat your dog or something because you will need to do something once you get booted from here.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
I don't think he's a Sox fan. Could be but I doubt it.

let's get off this guy. considering this thread was over the top negative from start to finish, i don't think senor crede's posts were that bad. i think he meant the hitman comment in jest. as long as he wants konerko at the all-star game, i'll give him some time to get his feet under him lol

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
let's get off this guy. considering this thread was over the top negative from start to finish, i don't think senor crede's posts were that bad. i think he meant the hitman comment in jest. as long as he wants konerko at the all-star game, i'll give him some time to get his feet under him lol

Haha everyone is pissed today and righfully so. A win tomorrow will make this place happier.

I don't think he's a Sox fan. Could be but I doubt it.

I'm not going to praise the White Sox, come hell or high water. After a game like today, a little negativity is in order, no? In regards to my screen name, would you prefer....I-LOVE-CREDE'S-POPUPS. Either way, I'll still go to the game tomorrow and cheer and hope for the best. Even if Clueless Joe is playing third.