*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Honestly, who else would be interested in getting Chavez if Oakland did dangle him?

Out of all of the contending teams this year as of now:

AL:

Not the Yanks with Pay Rod

Not the Bo Sox with Mueller

Not the Rangers with Blaylock

Not the Angels with Dallas McPherson

Not the Os with Mora hitting 0.297

Not the Twinkies with Cuddyer and with limited payroll

NL:

Not the Cards with Rolen

Not the Braves with Chipper Jones

Not the Marlins with Lowell

Not the Giants with Alfonso hitting 0.328 (and the As would never trade him to Giants, it would hurt them big time with city popularity)

Not the Cubs with Aramis Ramirez

Not the Padres with Blum hitting 0.296

Not the LA Dodgers with Perez hitting 0.422

Not the Dbacks with Troy Glaus

I just do not see anyone else seriously being interested in Chavez, hence we should use the leverage to our advantage. Hopefully, Kenny screws Beane who has to be desperate to trade him to us.

there are rumors that the Angels are not happy with MacPherson (except against the Count of course) so that is a possibility. The Sox and the Dodgers are the most likely.

Let's not forget the steriods issue. I'm not saying he definiately took them but there are rumors. If we trade top prospects for a guy who will never be the same it could be horrible for the team. KW better do his DD and be SURE Chavez has always been clean and this is only a slump.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
actually he is not in the same boat, Chavez has better career numbers, has a left handed bat, can hit to all fields, do not clog the bases and can steal, and is a 4 time gold glover in a much needed defensive position on a winning team.

Exactly how are his numbers better? They are very similar.

His bat is left-handed. So that makes his terrible numbers better?

He can hit to all fields. Grounding out to short and flying out to right are still outs.

He does not clog the bases and can steal? Have you ever watched this guy run? I think he gets about 5 steals a year. Big deal.

Also, for all the ranting about all the DPs Konerko hits into, Chavez has into one less than Paulie this year.

As for the fielding, he's actually won 3 gold gloves, not 4, from 2001-03. He's made NINE errors this year.

In my estimation, this guy is not an upgrade over Crede. Even if he is slightly better, I'd rather not trade future talent for this guy, whose numbers may have been inflated by the Giambi Juice.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
BUt its not as good as Gload Thomas and Chavez

I agree, it's not.

To keep it short, I don't believe including our highly touted, highly regarded pitching prospect in a trade for Eric Chavez is necessary.

When McCarthy fills out his lanky figure, you can (likely) expect an increase in velocity. Even if he doesn't, his talent is still beneficial to our club. I can understand the concern of awaiting McCarthy to fulfill his potential when Chavez has already obtained his; but in this instance: with the factor of Beane, Chavez' contract, and our payroll, I wouldn't touch Mac.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
I love it...

I bet Beane is so pissed he might pay to get rid of him..

Kenny.. call Billy NOW!!!

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Ride the hot hand Kenny. Pick up the phone NOW!

Maybe you can get away with Joe Crede and Honel&Tracey

:lolhitting

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
...and he's gone.

Funny ass dude.  Nice interview, seems nice and relaxed in regards to his slumping.

Those seem to be the guys to turn it around.

He's a great hitter, he'll get it turned around soon.