Gload reinjures left shoulder

greasywheels121

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Gload reinjures left shoulder

First baseman/outfielder to remain on disabled list

By Scott Merkin / MLB.com

DENVER -- A tough roster decision facing manager Ozzie Guillen and his coaching staff in the very near future has been postponed for at least the next month due to a major setback suffered by Ross Gload.

The 29-year-old first baseman/outfielder was making a throw to home plate from first base for Triple-A Charlotte, during a weekend four-game set at Indianapolis, when he reinjured the left shoulder that put him on the disabled list on April 30. White Sox athletic trainer Herm Schneider said Tuesday that Gload's arm was worn down from too much work, and he didn't want to push it after he hurt it.

Gload will return from his Minor League rehab assignment, which would have ended this weekend, and stay on the disabled list.

"Ross had a setback and he's just not able to come back and play," Schneider said of Gload, who hit .321 with seven home runs and 44 RBIs last season. "So, we just need to get him calmed down again and try it again.

"He played a lot of games in a row and was doing well. He was feeling good about everything, and certain things were in the mix. He even hit a home run. Now, he just needs to rest and build it back up again."

Schneider guessed that Gload would be shut down for a couple of weeks, and doubted that he will need surgery at this point. Gload was in the lineup for Charlotte as the designated hitter Monday night, and finished with two hits, including his second home run, and his fifth and sixth RBIs. Over 12 games, he batted .364 for the Knights.

If Gload had stayed healthy, it was likely that Willie Harris would have been heading back to Charlotte. But Harris has greater current value than Gload to the White Sox, thanks to his great speed and ability to play second base, shortstop and even the outfield.

When asked over the weekend about playing third base, Harris said he had never done it before, but was willing to give it a try. It would have been tough for Guillen to add Gload to the roster solely as a first baseman, when he's already having a tough time getting at-bats for Frank Thomas and Carl Everett.

"Right now, we've got to go like this because Ross can't play the outfield," Guillen said. "No matter what kind of decision we have to make, it's going to be tough. A roster move, or bringing another guy, that's why we we're real careful about this.

"We have to make sure what we want and make sure we don't destroy the team," Guillen added.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Tima at first base! No more Paul GIDP and striking out. Kyrie Eleison on the White Sox and Ross Gload!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
Anyone else think Gload got "hurt" so Ozzie could keep Timo on the ML roster without getting several thousand death threats?

After the season last year, the sox leaked that Timo played all season with hamstring issue...

Regardless of whether you buy that bulls***, it tells you all you need to know about what the Sox organization thinks of Timo and Ross...

Timo is allowed to be on the roster and play the OF while hurt. And when he's healthy they even let him play out of position. Ross isn't allowed anywhere near the roster, let alone the OF (where I think most of us want to keep him away from anyway) while he's injured.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
After the season last year, the sox leaked that Timo played all season with hamstring issue...

Regardless of whether you buy that bulls***, it tells you all you need to know about what the Sox organization thinks of Timo and Ross...

Timo is allowed to be on the roster and play the OF while hurt. And when he's healthy they even let him play out of position. Ross isn't allowed anywhere near the roster, let alone the OF (where I think most of us want to keep him away from anyway) while he's injured.

So Timo at first tomorrow night. Give Kong a night off while we can watch the midget twirl and jump for the rox fans. See how high I can jump to catch a normal throw. I am a 5'5 midget.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:47 AM)
He hurt his shoulder throwing home from 1st base?  I find that a little hard to believe.

Shoulders are pretty fragile. I injured mine in my sleep! I had my arm bent under my pillow in a wierd position and when I woke up and wnet to move, it popped out and hurt like hell. It had been injured before and has been injured again since. Once it's injured, it's f***ed.

Good luck Ross.