6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

Cotts for Cy Young... :ph34r: :D

I've learned that Cotts' WHIP is now at 1.00. I'm going to praise praise him all I want, because I know that once he gives up a couple of runs, there will be twenty threads about how he sucks and "Botch" or some stupid ass nickname.

Edited by CWSGuy406

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
But...but...but....we have the best record in baseball.  We're going to need new guys to pick it up, because a lot of the players that were carrying us earlier in the season are struggling.  Iguchi's batting average has been slowly fading for a month now, and Contreras and Hermanson have struggled recently.  Uribe looks to be coming out of his slump, which will help.

I got your humor, although I am probably the most negative person on this board, therefore I have aways and will always back a trade, and for what its worth I hate the minor league players, so they can trade anyone down there, and I won't give a crap. get to the series.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
Cotts for Cy Young...  :ph34r:  :D

I really think it IS time for Cotts to be promoted to take Duque's place. He has been light out lately. Perhaps, sending Duque to the bullpen will help him and our team in a long run.

I don't know! We haven't been playing good the past few games.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
I really think it IS time for Cotts to be promoted to take Duque's place.  He has been light out lately.  Perhaps, sending Duque to the bullpen will help him and our team in a long run. 

I don't know!  We haven't been playing good the past few games.

I hope your joking, cotts is not even clsoe to being stretched out. It won't happen.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
That last strike on Uribe was bulls***. No suprise though since the Ump has given Vazquez a huge strike zone. Normally I dont care if it's a big zone, but what pisses me off is when you dont call it both ways.

Why doesnt Ozzie get off his ass and say something to the ump? Back up your guys! It might wake them up!!!! Ozzie cant shut his mouth 99% of the time,and now he has a zipper on his lips!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Might as well put Marte back on the DL after tonight.  Something is obviously not right with him.

this is exactly why they pitched him tonight, it was a good move to figure this out without the game on the line. Time for a trade. shake things up a bit.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:29 AM)
2003 was a fluke, he's not that good.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Marte was easily one of the best lefty relievers in baseball for the past three seasons. Even in his so-called down years, he was way above average.

Anyone notice how every out against Shingo seems to be a "loud" out? Last night, nearly every ball was hit to the track against him. We need bullpen help, and pronto. It's ridiculous that we don't have a long man, and we're going to need another lefty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Anyone notice how every out against Shingo seems to be a "loud" out?  Last night, nearly every ball was hit to the track against him.  We need bullpen help, and pronto.  It's ridiculous that we don't have a long man, and we're going to need another lefty.

I remember whenever the Sox were on WGN last year and Shingo was coming out for a save, it seemed like everyball was hit really deep.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
Couldn't disagree with you more.  Marte was easily one of the best lefty relievers in baseball for the past three seasons.  Even in his so-called down years, he was way above average.

agreed and right now he is not well. I do think the DL is a possibility if not probable at this point. We are dealing with a short bullpen deck when we are winning games. Shingo will not come in when we are winning and now marte is hurting, Viz along better lately is not for a winning situation. we need another arm and soon.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:35 AM)
we get blown out a few games and everyone demands a trade. what if we do trade in the future and the trade does not pan out? then what? just my two cents.

A lot of us weren't naive to this teams potential short-comings. Even when we were busy sweeping Colorado last week, many of us were saying we needed bullpen help and a back-up infielder.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
we get blown out a few games and everyone demands a trade. what if we do trade in the future and the trade does not pan out? then what? just my two cents.

I have been consistant on trade requests. Here is the deal, everyone knows we will try to make a trade anyway before the deadline. now might be the right time. In addition we have been playing with a short bullpen deck since shingo could not get anyone out. We can burn out a pen easily when we do that.