Double Digit Lead in the Central!!

Kalapse

The Twins drop another to the Tigers and the Indians fall to the Red Sox. Our beloved White Sox now have a 10 game lead in the AL central!

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4:

Team       W   L    GB
White Sox  49  22   -
Twins      38  31  10
Indians    37  33  11.5
Tigers     35  33  12.5
Royals     25  47  24.0

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Team       W   L    GB
White Sox  49  22   -
Twins      38  31  10
Indians    37  33  11.5
Tigers     35  33  12.5
Royals     25  47  24.0

To quote Peter Griffin "Friggin' Sweet!!!"

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I love this Sox team... My heart will be totally broken if we dont win the world series.

I think this sox team has something special..

ill be happen with an alcs championship at the least

Big whoop. This team has won absolutely nothing.

The 1983 team was up 20 games at one point. The 2001 Mariners were around that too. The 2000 White Sox were in the lower single-digits consistently. They faded without winning a playoff game.

The 2003 Royals were up 7.5 at the All-Star Game, 8.5 over the team that won the division that year. Where are the 2003 World Series flags at Kauffman?

We must never, ever lose sight of reality, folks. This team has yet to win anything, this team is still vulnerable. This team can still improve, and I hope that Kenny isn't among those who is drunk with joy over our recent win streak. It sure sounds like Ozzie isn't.

That said, it could be worse. Far worse. There's nothing wrong with celebrating that. But let's not go overboard.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)

The 1983 team was up 20 games at one point. The 2001 Mariners were around that too. The 2000 White Sox were in the lower single-digits consistently. They faded without winning a playoff game.

The 2003 Royals were up 7.5 at the All-Star Game, 8.5 over the team that won the division that year. Where are the 2003 World Series flags at Kauffman?

We must never, ever lose sight of reality, folks. This team has yet to win anything, this team is still vulnerable. This team can still improve, and I hope that Kenny isn't among those who is drunk with joy over our recent win streak. It sure sounds like Ozzie isn't.

That said, it could be worse. Far worse. There's nothing wrong with celebrating that. But let's not go overboard.

Jesus Christ dude. Chilax and have some fun.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
this came so fast, seems like yesterday the twins were 4 behind and i was worried.

I know what you mean, but the Twins have been pathetic for the last week and a half. The Sox have never played that bad all season. I said it earlier, cautiously, and I'll say it again. The Twins are not that good this year.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)

Yes, we'll remember that when we're playing the games.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)

The thing about that is I'm not a player on the team, I don't have to take it one game at a time, I don't have to stay focused on winning ballgames. All I have to do is sit back and enjoy this team.

I can look ahead, I can celebrate, I can assume, I can do what ever the f*** I want because what ever I do it will have no beering on what the club does. And right now I chose to recognize the fact that the Sox have a 10 game lead in the Central. And it feels damn good.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Magic # is shrinking 2 by the day and it's amazing.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

So basically we need a combined 83 when we add white sox wins and twins losses from here on in? It seems so doable when you look at it that way.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
So basically we need a combined 83 when we add white sox wins and twins losses from here on in?  It seems so doable when you look at it that way.

yeah, i still dont get how that whole thing works i just hope the number is low

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
So basically we need a combined 83 when we add white sox wins and twins losses from here on in?  It seems so doable when you look at it that way.

Correct.

You take one off for any Sox win and for any Twins loss.

Say we win 43 the rest of the year and the Twins lose 40.

Our record would be 92-70

Theirs would be 91-71

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)

Don't ruin the party.

And we ARE talking about reality. In case you haven't noticed, the original poster simply mentioned a 10 game lead. Where in that do you not see reality, and where is it implied that the team has won anything yet?