The Gigantic all encompassing TRADE THREAD

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Arizona scout has attended the last two Sox-Tigers games. The Diamondbacks desperately need relief help.

I wonder what we could get from the D-Backs for Vizcaino of he has a few more scoreless innings. Maybe a bucket of balls? :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

Furcal is only know for his speed and strong arm. He has occasional power but doesnt he have injury problems dating back to like 2 years ago? HIs .285 OBP for a lead-off/#2 hitter is sickening. He has 27 SB but I would rather stick with Crede's production and Uribe's defense than Uribe/Furcal.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I wonder what we could get from the D-Backs for Vizcaino of he has a few more scoreless innings.  Maybe a bucket of balls? :lol:

every baseball team needs balls. we might have to throw in Timo.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Steiner...who could the D-Backs want from our pen that is available? Marte is the only one who is expandable I guess but Jizzcan and Shingo pitched well out of the bullpen tonight. They might be the other 2 guys going somewhere. Politte + Hermy = UNTOUCHABLE

And who the hell would they give us?

That'd be pretty awesome to get Adam Dunn. I'm not sure where he would play right now however. I'd go after him like mad in the offseason though. He's the kind of guy I'd love to see in the middle of the order: a left handed bat with ridiculous power and a high on base percentage. You'd like to see a higher batting average, but everything else is great.

As for my previous Sweeney comment, I know his other numbers are good, but he's not exactly a speed and defense type of OF, so power would be a benefit. I know he's young and still has a good chance to develop power, I'm just saying we probably shouldn't count on him any time in the near future.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
The reds not the sox. Since you seem to believe no one gets on in front of dunn.

Oh, I dunno the Reds order but if he did have more people in front of him on base, he would have more than 39 RBI's. :bang

Lopez, Aurilia, Casey, Randa: 350/300/372/371

Thats actually pretty good lol. Then you tell me why he only has 39 ribbies! lol :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Oh, I dunno the Reds order but if he did have more people in front of him on base, he would have more than 39 RBI's. :bang

Thats actually pretty good lol. Then you tell me why he only has 39 ribbies! lol :lol:

Aurillia is not their primary two hole hitter... not even close.

He is hitting .250 with men on and .189 with men in scoring position. Men not being on is not the case in this situation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
Diamondback scouts huh, sounds about time to take a look at that Vazquez contract.

'05 - $10.5 - $3M = $7.5

'06 - $11.5 - $3M = $8.5

'07 - $12.5 - $3M = $9.5

$3M a year payed for by the yankees.

Not gonna happen. They are in the thick of it in the NL West at 39-39 and only 3.5 GB.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)

He usually bats 5th in the lineup. That hurts his chances because he doesn't come up with guys on as much. You need at least two men to get on in front of him for him to bat in the first inning, meaning he bats first or second in the 2nd more often. I know that that's only the first inning, but that counts for about a quarter of his at bats.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)

He is hitting .250 with men on and .189 with men in scoring position. Men not being on is not the case in this situation.

you don't need stats to tell you that.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)

Then what is it? :huh

Diamondback scouts huh, sounds about time to take a look at that Vazquez contract.

'05 - $10.5 - $3M = $7.5

'06 - $11.5 - $3M = $8.5

'07 - $12.5 - $3M = $9.5

The D-Backs are only 3.5 games back in their division. Why would they be trading Vazquez? :huh

They are more than likely interested in bullpen help from us, like Shingo or Vizcaino. Their bullpen is horrid and Shingo and Vizcaino would actually be improvements. Maybe we will get a couple prospects from them for one of our relievers and then package those relievers with some of ours for Schmidt?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
He usually bats 5th in the lineup. That hurts his chances because he doesn't come up with guys on as much. You need at least two men to get on in front of him for him to bat in the first inning, meaning he bats first or second in the 2nd more often. I know that that's only the first inning, but that counts for about a quarter of his at bats.

I didn't think of it that way. That is very true. He might not always get AB's woth the top of the order in the same inning. He probably leads off the 2nd quite a lot. Kinda like Bonds when he batted 4th. He led off the 2nd and 4th/5th inning often.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Then what is it? :huh

Edited by qwerty

Actually, after looking at his splits, I'm pretty sure I found the reason. He's hitting .189 with runners in scoring position. :puke Still, I can't imagine that the fact that he is batting 5th helps. Also, he's got a pretty good number of runs (51), which makes sense with his OBP.

Edit- He does have quite a few fewer opportunities. He has 92 at bats with runners on and 53 with runners in scoring position. That's a fairly small sample size. Compare that to Paulie, who has 131 and 74.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
The D-Backs are only 3.5 games back in their division.  Why would they be trading Vazquez? :huh

They are more than likely interested in bullpen help from us, like Shingo or Vizcaino.  Their bullpen is horrid and Shingo and Vizcaino would actually be improvements.  Maybe we will get a couple prospects from them for one of our relievers and then package those relievers with some of ours for Schmidt?

Other than one of their 3 young starters(Halsey, Webb, Vazquez) There is nobody on that team I could see the Sox even looking at.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)

'05 - $10.5 - $3M = $7.5

'06 - $11.5 - $3M = $8.5

'07 - $12.5 - $3M = $9.5

What everyone else said, plus didn't Vazquez not want to come here? He can go suck a fat one for all I care.