The Gigantic all encompassing TRADE THREAD

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade watch

White Sox special assistant Dave Yoakum was among several scouts who watched San Francisco's Jason Schmidt beat Arizona on Tuesday.

Schmidt, who has a history of arm problems, had his fastball clocked consistently at 93 m.p.h. He struck out six in six innings.

The Sox and Giants have a history of making deadline deals, dating back to the 1997 White Flag trade.

San Francisco has a $10.5 million option/$3.5 million buyout on Schmidt for 2006.

The Giants also demoted starter Brett Tomko to the bullpen on Tuesday, but it's highly doubtful the Sox would be interested in Tomko because he and Pierzynski didn't get along in San Francisco last year.

The Giants are believed to be seeking pitchers who aren't arbitration eligible.

An Arizona scout has attended the last two Sox-Tigers games. The Diamondbacks desperately need relief help.

My proposed trade:

Giants Get:

Luis Vizcaino

Baj or Jenks

Ryan Sweeney

Tyler Lumsden

White Sox Get:

Jason Schmidt

Edited by White Sox Josh

Now tell me Jabroni or Milkman...where in this post do I say the Sox will get him in retur for Jizzcan or Shingo. I was simply putting it out there and that if a bigger trade does evolve, he might be talked about. Clueless? Hardly.  :headshake

Once again, why mention Conor Jackson if you didn't think he was a viable trade option. You probably thought we could get him for Shingo or Vizcaino. Why else would you mention his name? :rolly

I'm not trying to start a fight, but why would bring the guy up other than to suggest that he's involved in the trade?  The fact that he's their top prospect was completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Exactly. :rolly

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Once again, why mention Conor Jackson if you didn't think he was a viable trade option.  You probably thought we could get him for Shingo or Vizcaino.  Why else would you mention his name? :rolly

Exactly. :rolly

Are you serious?

was simply putting it out there and that if a bigger trade does evolve, he might be talked about.
:headshake

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
My proposed trade:

Giants Get:

Luis Vizcaino

Jon Adkins

Ryan Sweeney

Kris Honel

White Sox Get:

Jason Schmidt

Three garbage players and a solid prospect gets players like jason schmidt all the time.

Edited by qwerty

My proposed trade:

Giants Get:

Luis Vizcaino

Jon Adkins

Ryan Sweeney

Kris Honel

White Sox Get:

Jason Schmidt

LOL, Adkins and Honel have no trade value. Any team could have claimed Honel when they sent him to AA for Christ's sakes. And Jizzcan??? :lolhitting

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
My proposed trade:

Giants Get:

Luis Vizcaino

Jon Adkins

Ryan Sweeney

Kris Honel

White Sox Get:

Jason Schmidt

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Vizcaino has been horrible this year.

Adkins is not a big prospect.

Honel is a non prospect. He cleared waivers a month ago.

Sweeney is the only decent one.

Here's what I'd offer for Burnett, assuming two things: 1) The reports of what the Marlins are looking for are accurate and 2) Once Burnett is on the Sox, he signs to at least a 2 year extension:

Marlins get:

SP Brandon McCarthy

OF Carl Everett

MR Luis Vizcaino/Shingo Takatsu

White Sox get:

SP A.J. Burnett

Here's what I'd offer for Burnett, assuming two things: 1) The reports of what the Marlins are looking for are accurate and 2) Once Burnett is on the Sox, he signs to at least a 2 year extension:

Marlins get:

SP Brandon McCarthy

OF Carl Everett

MR Luis Vizcaino/Shingo Takatsu

White Sox get:

SP A.J. Burnett

I'm not so sure they would want Everett. I think they would want a younger and cheaper outfielder. They would also want a better reliever than either Vizcaino or Shingo.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
The D-Backs are in contention and need bullpen help.  Why would there ever be a bigger trade and what would it be?!?

Would it not be fair to assume that if a D-Back's fan included Anderson into a conversation and was then shot down because the Sox are in contention and need bullpen help? Think about it long and hard.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
Would it not be fair to assume that if a D-Back's fan included Anderson into a conversation and was then shot down because the Sox are in contention and need bullpen help? Think about it long and hard.

McCarthy not Anderson.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
I'm not so sure they would want Everett.  I think they would want a younger and cheaper outfielder.  They would also want a better reliever than either Vizcaino or Shingo.

Everett is the best OF the Sox have to offer that's ML ready, and he also happens to be left handed, something that was specifically written into what the Marlins were asking for. As for the MR, I'd hope that one of those two would get the job done, and with any luck they could. Beyond them, maybe put in Baj?

Edited by Dam8610

Everett is the best OF the Sox have to offer that's ML ready, and he also happens to be left handed, something that was specifically written into what the Marlins were asking for. As for the MR, I'd hope that one of those two would get the job done, and with any luck they could. Beyond them, maybe put in Baj?

I'm just thinking that they will want an outfielder that can be productive now and in the future for them. Everett is older and more expensive.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)

The problem is that we have NO clue if Burnett would re-sign long-term and if he did, would his injuries re-occur.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
No no, Jackson is a fielder so I compared him to the Sox top fielder prospect...

Jackson is #1 in the D-Backs system.

McCarthy is #1 int the Sox system.

I don't think it really matters what position they play.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Jackson is #1 in the D-Backs system.

McCarthy is #1 int the Sox system.

I don't think it really matters what position they play.

But the fact that both teams need bullpen held does matter. McCarthy can be used out of the bullpen, Jackson cannot.

Estes is having a pretty solid year 6-5 3.75 ERA he would make a nice 5th starter

So why would they want to trade him? They want to add a reliever or two. They DON'T want to add a reliever and subtract one of their starters.

Edited by Jabroni