The Gigantic all encompassing TRADE THREAD

southsider2k5

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
As for Chavez, I highly doubt he's getting moved at this point. They're really starting to play well, and they did commit an awful lot of money to him. Crede and B-Mac sounds a little light anyways.

Can someone explain why exactly BB would be looking to unload Chavez? He's signed for what, 5 more years? For the entire prime of his career. I keep hearing that the A's are rebuilding as a reason to trade Chavez. Even accepting that premise (which I don't), it doesn't take 6 years to rebuild, especially when you have so much good young pitching. (I'm not saying they've got Mulder and Hudson II, but Harden is REALLY good, and Haren's pitching well. Blanton's recovering from the bad start. That's a nice foundation.) Why on earth would anyone trade one of the best hitting, best fielding players in the major leagues, who's signed at a reasonable price, who won't leave the team for many, many years?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the White Sox should pursue Pettite then. He just seems to win in the playoffs and always give quality starts. He's a vet and I'm pretty sure he would welcome a trade to the best team in baseball. Also, he's a good personality and I don't see him clashing with anyone on the team. Thoughts? I say this because I don't think Burnett or Schmidt are realistic options and Lilly shouldn't be a realistic option.

But while talking in Colorado recently about faulty trade possibilities, Williams sounded as if he had at least explored the Chavez avenue.

"[Chavez] is not on the block. And trust me, I know that," Williams said at the time. "Trust me."

This excerpt is from article on whitesox.com .... no chavez.... I say good!

Everyone in baseball knows the White sox have a shot at going to the big game, if one of the big fish are approached and they've got a clause in thier contract, they'll come.

Say, Andy or Roy....We're thinking about sending you to a team that with your help is a shoe in for the world series, it's a three month loan so think about it....all those dudes want rings.

I think its a pretty easy move on thier part.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Everyone in baseball knows the White sox have a shot at going to the big game, if one of the big fish are approached and they've got a clause in thier contract, they'll come.

Say, Andy or Roy....We're thinking about sending you to a team that with your help is a shoe in for the world series, it's a three month loan so think about it....all those dudes want rings.

I think its a pretty easy move on thier part.

you'd think so, but remember Rafael Palmeiro last year?

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
refresh my memory will palmero..........

Rafeal Palmero turned down a trade to the Cubs because he was comfortable where he was on a s***ty team.

He had a chance to go to the playoffs and maybe even the WS on the Cubs but he thought it was more important to get paid and have no playoff expectations.

Hey guys! I heard a rumor that we might be interested in trading for Eric Chavez, the 3B from Oakland. He had a tough start to the season, but he's really turned it on latley and his defense is something else!

\newbie

I hope people just stop with the 3rd base trades.

Crede is going to give you consistant numbers 20-30 HRs and some RBI's and a sick defensive glove.

I'd rather keep him and have him take peoples runs away then get some guy who'll cost a bajillion dollars and not much better.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
I hope people just stop with the 3rd base trades.

Crede is going to give you consistant numbers 20-30 HRs and some RBI's and a sick defensive glove.

I'd rather keep him and have him take peoples runs away then get some guy who'll cost a bajillion dollars and not much better.

If you're talking about Chavez he does cost a "bajillion dollars" but he is much better than Crede.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Last night I was looking at their stats and Chavez doesn't seem to be much better, well to me at least

I'm assuming you looked at this seasons stats and not career stats because it's not even close. Chavez is having a down year seeing how he's been hovering around .240 all season, however he's batting .327 in June and has his average up to .270. Chavez is much better than Crede.

NOTE: this post is not an endorssment for trading for Chavez.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Last night I was looking at their stats and Chavez doesn't seem to be much better, well to me at least

Take a look at the stats again. Chavez is a middle of the order hitter. Crede is an 8 or 9 hitter. Plus Chavez has 5 gold gloves.

Chavez- 45 runs, 11 homers, 44 RBI, .272 average, .332 OBP

Crede- 30, 10, 32, .239, .298

And Chavez plays in an extreme pitchers' park in a much weaker lineup.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Oh, I know in years past he's been awesome and robbed us numerous times of hits.

I'm a simply speakin on right now, this year.

Getting a dude on a down year or hoping next year he's amazing does nothing for us at this moment.

That's not saying he couldn't breakout and destroy the ball

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
Oh, I know in years past he's been awesome and robbed us numerous times of hits.

I'm a simply speakin on right now, this year.

Getting a dude on a down year or hoping next year he's amazing does nothing for us at this moment.

That's not saying he couldn't breakout and destroy the ball

Check his late May/June stats. He's currently exploding and having a very good season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
Check his late May/June stats. He's currently exploding and having a very good season.

:pray :pray Please Mr Williams make us a better team. So we dont become the 2001 Mariners as the team with the best record in baseball but do not get to the world series.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Chavez would be awsome.    :wub:

Lefty with good power and the ability to hit for average.  Gold Glover at 3rd.

It'd be awfully costly. I was torn when the rumor came up while he was sucking, but I'm liking it now more. I figured he'd turn it around, but he did it faster than I expected. I'd be fine with getting him and letting Paulie walk to compensate for his salary. I think it'll take more than Crede and B-Mac though. Also, as I said, I highly doubt he is going anywhere at this point.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
If you're talking about Chavez he does cost a "bajillion dollars" but he is much better than Crede.

Does his contract say bajillion dollars?? Anyways, Chavez isn't getting moved now with Oakland playing so well.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Does his contract say bajillion dollars??  Anyways, Chavez isn' :gosox1: t getting moved now with Oakland playing so well.

We need to sweep them twice now. Put a nice hurting on them so bean rethinks his lets stand pat thoughts. :gosox1: :sweep: :sweep:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Does his contract say bajillion dollars??  Anyways, Chavez isn't getting moved now with Oakland playing so well.

I personally would never use the terminology "bajillion dollars" note the quotation marks in the post, it was a quote.

Eric Chavez:

G  AB   R    H    2B    3B    HR    RBI    TB    BB    SO    SB    CS    OBP    SLG    AVG
2005    78    305    45    83    18    1    11    44    136    28    64    1    0    .332    .446    .272

He's already having a damn good season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
Eric Chavez:

G  AB   R    H    2B    3B    HR    RBI    TB    BB    SO    SB    CS    OBP    SLG    AVG
2005    78    305    45    83    18    1    11    44    136    28    64    1    0    .332    .446    .272

He's already having a damn good season.

That's a damn good season? :puke