The Gigantic all encompassing TRADE THREAD

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm Umm Umm....

Dunn on the block.

The Reds will trade outfielder Adam Dunn only if they receive a top young pitcher in return. Few teams will be willing to part with a potential Josh Beckett or Kerry Wood, but if the Reds play this right, they could make a franchise-altering deal.

Josh Fields + Brandon McCarthy. There's a start. Take Sean Tracey too.

:drool :drool :drool at Adam Dunn.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Umm Umm Umm....

Dunn on the block.

Josh Fields + Brandon McCarthy.  There's a start.  Take Sean Tracey too.

:drool :drool :drool at Adam Dunn.

Keith, I highly doubt Dunn gets a look this year, Pauly won't be moved and the outfield is just to deep right now. However I think Kenny will take a long look at him in the offseason, I'd love to have Adam as well.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Any chance he could be converted into a 1B?

Oh please god! But not really.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many strike-outs for my taste. I'll want him when he gets more RBI's than K's....

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
Any chance he could be converted into a 1B?

Isn't he originally a 1B? And, corner OF too, right?

I don't care if we have to give up two of our top prospects, if he's available at the end of this season -- meaning, didn't get traded at the deadline -- Kenny ought to be doing everything in his power to get Dunn.

Hell, get the Mets involved and send Konerko to the Mets to make it a three way deal.

Not many players excite me like Adam Dunn does. He's so, so good.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Isn't he originally a 1B?  And, corner OF too, right?

I don't care if we have to give up two of our top prospects, if he's available at the end of this season -- meaning, didn't get traded at the deadline -- Kenny ought to be doing everything in his power to get Dunn.

Hell, get the Mets involved and send Konerko to the Mets to make it a three way deal.

Not many players excite me like Adam Dunn does.  He's so, so good.

He's played first plenty of times, that's not an issue.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
Oh please god! But not really.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many strike-outs for my taste. I'll want him when he gets more RBI's than K's....

Ugh, who gives a damn when you're hitting 50+ homers and walking 100+ times?

I can care less about the strikeouts. He's a top ten offensive player. Maybe even top five.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Ugh, who gives a damn when you're hitting 50+ homers and walking 100+ times?

I can care less about the strikeouts.  He's a top ten offensive player.  Maybe even top five.

I didn't know he walked so much!?! s***, if thats the case, give them BMac AND PK!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I didn't know he walked so much!?! s***, if thats the case, give them BMac AND PK!

His numbers are actually kind of funny to look at. .242 ba, .386 obp, 20 homers, 39 rbi's.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)

That's interesting.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
That's interesting.

Dude c'mon, If your gonna add something to the thread, say something knowledgeable. Yes, I was exxagurating....what? Am I going to be shunned from society? :headshake

Rowand44, yes, his numbers are very odd but it attests to the team he plays for. 20 HR and only 39 RBI is funny but his high ass OBP is the funniest. He doesn't get many people on base in front of him.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Dude c'mon, If your gonna add something to the thread, say something knowledgeable. Yes, I was exxagurating....what? Am I going to be shunned from society?  :headshake

Rowand44, yes, his numbers are very odd but it attests to the team he plays for. 20 HR and only 39 RBI is funny but his high ass OBP is the funniest. He doesn't get many people on base in front of him.

I know why they're all messed up. It's just quite interesting to look at 'em down the line for me.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
You should read this entire article.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2617

That's a gra tread Qwerty. THow in the hell did they come up with stuff like that? It is funy how they basically conclude more strikeouts = lower ERA but that batters who strikeout are due to be more successful. That whole "ball-in-play" argument was very thoughtful. Nice find.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
Dude c'mon, If your gonna add something to the thread, say something knowledgeable. Yes, I was exxagurating....what? Am I going to be shunned from society?  :headshake

Do you know the combined obp of the first four hitters in the line-up through out the season? Take a look.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Do you know the combined obp of the first four hitters in the line-up through out the season? Take a look.

Pods/Gooch/Carl/PK

363/349/310/358 - You do the math.

Trade watch

White Sox special assistant Dave Yoakum was among several scouts who watched San Francisco's Jason Schmidt beat Arizona on Tuesday.

Schmidt, who has a history of arm problems, had his fastball clocked consistently at 93 m.p.h. He struck out six in six innings.

The Sox and Giants have a history of making deadline deals, dating back to the 1997 White Flag trade.

San Francisco has a $10.5 million option/$3.5 million buyout on Schmidt for 2006.

The Giants also demoted starter Brett Tomko to the bullpen on Tuesday, but it's highly doubtful the Sox would be interested in Tomko because he and Pierzynski didn't get along in San Francisco last year.

The Giants are believed to be seeking pitchers who aren't arbitration eligible.

An Arizona scout has attended the last two Sox-Tigers games. The Diamondbacks desperately need relief help.

Full Article from the Trib.

Steiner...who could the D-Backs want from our pen that is available? Marte is the only one who is expandable I guess but Jizzcan and Shingo pitched well out of the bullpen tonight. They might be the other 2 guys going somewhere. Politte + Hermy = UNTOUCHABLE