White Sox at A's 7/2 Gamethread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't look like Crede hit it that far... I was just thinking to myself that we could use #12 Joe... Who thinks we need a new 3b? He made some nice plays this game and came up with a clutch hit.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
It didn't look like Crede hit it that far... I was just thinking to myself that we could use #12 Joe... Who thinks we need a new 3b? He made some nice plays this game and came up with a clutch hit.

I've never questioned his fielding. I love it, his power numbers are just fine too. I just wish that average would be better, but it's getting up there.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
I've never questioned his fielding. I love it, his power numbers are just fine too. I just wish that average would be better, but it's getting up there.

Hey, if you could somehow remove the month of May, he'd be hitting nearly .300.

I noticed all of the A's players in their starting lineup are white (counting Chavez as being white because he looks white.) And most of them are left handed batters too. Not that this is a big deal or anything, it's just odd to see in today's game for any sport.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 02:47 AM)
How much is Crede making this year?

I'd guess barely over league minimum (300K), but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Alright Cliff, Neal, and Dustin -- we need you guys to get us six outs, without giving up a run. Get it done.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)

Alright Cliff, Neal, and Dustin -- we need you guys to get us six outs, without giving up a run.  Get it done.

$400k.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)

Alright Cliff, Neal, and Dustin -- we need you guys to get us six outs, without giving up a run.  Get it done.

Joe's making 400K this year.

Ugh - 2 awful bunts in the last 2 days by Scotty.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Pods not walking = bad.  Aside from the one AB to start off the game, I haven't seen him work the count like he was in April/early May.

I can agree, although I would add I think he had traded some of those walks for a few more hits.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
DJ commeting on great attitues of Willie, Timo, Ozuna, Widger, etc.

BTW - Willie having a great AB.  Lot's of pitches, full count.  10 pitches, results in a K.

He battled.