TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8

Texsox

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF flagship station was talking about Schmidt to the Sox. It looks like it will be Jose Conteras, a high prospect and a lower prospect...

The host said that if the deal goes through that KW would like to re work Schmidt deal and add on a few more years

Schmidt's line tonight:

4 IP, 6 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), 3 walk, 3 K's, 81 pitches.

Not exactly the kind of start we are looking for (major pitcher's park) from a we would have to give up a ton for. His ERA is now 5.11.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
SF flagship station was talking about Schmidt to the Sox. It looks like it will be Jose Conteras, a high prospect and a lower prospect...

The host said that  if the deal goes through that KW would like to re work Schmidt deal and add on a few more years

When was this?

Today?

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)

The host said that  if the deal goes through that KW would like to re work Schmidt deal and add on a few more years

Did they make it sound like it was almost done?

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
They said it could be done by the end of the week. The Giants fans called the station and wasnt to happy about the deal  if it goes through...

The end of this week? Like today?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Damn. Never thought I'd be this much against adding Jason Schmidt, but he's really pitched poorly. I have no idea why K-dub would even consider this, unless he wants to dump Jose's salary for next year.

I'm gonna guess that KW knows a little more than we do.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Schmidt's line tonight:

4 IP, 6 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), 3 walk, 3 K's, 81 pitches.

Not exactly the kind of start we are looking for (major pitcher's park) from a we would have to give up a ton for. His ERA is now 5.11.

IIRC, doesnt he always suck against the Pads?

Coppock reiterated on his show on Sporting News Radio about a half hour ago that the deal is very close. He said he talked to two Sox executives today. One he said told him he believed the deal had already been consumated.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Coppock reiterated on his show on Sporting News Radio about a half hour ago that the deal is very close.  He said he talked to two Sox executives today.  One he said told him he believed  the deal had already been consumated.

Still hate KW :P Someone wanna call sporting news radio and talk to this guy, I'm to lazy to do it.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Coppock reiterated on his show on Sporting News Radio about a half hour ago that the deal is very close.  He said he talked to two Sox executives today.  One he said told him he believed  the deal had already been consumated.

They had sex to seal the deal? :P

Still hate KW  Someone wanna call sporting news radio and talk to this guy, I'm to lazy to do it.

Did you mean that to be a question or just a joke?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
They had sex to seal the deal? :P

Did you mean that to be a question or just a joke?

I was just ragging on wealz but I was serious about calling Coopock or whatever this guys name is.

I'll admit I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread. I know we've been interested in Schmidt. Now after hearing who we'd be giving up, I really like this deal. Loaiza could be KW's best move ever, if this went down.

Because Loaiza could =Schmidt.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I'll admit I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread.  I know we've been interested in Schmidt.  Now after hearing who we'd be giving up, I really like this deal.  Loaiza could be KW's best move ever, if this went down.

Because Loaiza could =Schmidt.

Loiza + Bmac + Tracey is more like it.

I'm trying to think of a mid-level position player who might be included. KW DO NOT INCLUDE CHRIS YOUNG!!!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
Loiza + Bmac + Tracey is more like it.

I'm trying to think of a mid-level position player who might be included. KW DO NOT INCLUDE CHRIS YOUNG!!!

Some guy in SF said one of the Sox beatwriters was on the radio and said that Bmac and Anderson are untouchable. Who knows if that's true.

Edited by Rowand44