TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8

Texsox

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
Some guy in SF said one of the Sox beatwriters was on the radio and said that Bmac and Anderson are untouchable. Who knows if that's true.

They're going to get two starters(pitchers) for Schmidt. I'd give them Anderson over BMac in a heartbeat though. I don't think he's ever going to be a special player. He'll be alright, but never great.

If BMac's not included, there would have to be another good starting pitching prospect included. That would be Gio. So pick your poison.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now- the whole Schmidt rumor has dimmed a bit. The Giants feel that they still are in the playoff hunt and Barry Bonds is expected to come back at the end of July. So unless the Giants extremely falter within the next 2 weeks- this trade wont happen :(

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
As of right now- the whole Schmidt rumor has dimmed a bit. The Giants feel that they still are in the playoff hunt and Barry Bonds is expected to come back at the end of July. So unless the Giants extremely falter within the next 2 weeks- this trade wont happen  :(

No no no, don't listen to Cowley

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I hope your right. He has a good point with the whole Bonds situation.

You think a rumor grows that big for a guy from the daily f***ing southtown to say it's wrong?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I hope your right. He has a good point with the whole Bonds situation.

If the flagship station for the Giants is saying this is almost a done-deal, I see no reason to listen to someone with absolutely no say in this.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
If the flagship station for the Giants is saying this is almost a done-deal, I see no reason to listen to someone with absolutely no say in this.

How come the flag-ship station in SF are in saying this is pretty much a done deal, and both of our stations aren't saying that?

Coppeck ran into a Sox BOD member that said the Sox are gonna get Schmidt.

Then he talked to an exec at Walgreens and they said he can't tell anything but he's on the right track with Schmidt.

He also bashed WSCR for saying that he was lying.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
Because KW's not letting anything leak from his side?

very possible. could be flying under the radar. Who knows?? If we do pull a trigger- it will probably be before the ASG.

If this trade involves Contreras and someone like Sweeney, and not BMac.....then I'm totally for it. I'd take my chances with Schmidt the rest of this year than I would with Contreras. I won't shed a tear if we trade Sweeney, as he's yet to show any power at all in the minors. It's much more important for our future that we keep McCarthy than it is Anderson or Sweeney. RF with power are a dime a dozen (J. Dye is a great example).

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Also, it doesn't make sense that an Sox Board Member would know of the deal unless Uncle Jerry needs apprioval to add payroll.

JR owns just a small amount, right? I would think that the board would have a lot of say in this thing.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Coppeck ran into a Sox BOD member that said the Sox are gonna get Schmidt.

Then he talked to an exec at Walgreens and they said he can't tell anything but he's on the right track with Schmidt.

He also bashed WSCR for saying that he was lying.

I'm not sure if I heard it right, but it sounded like WSCR has something personal against him and were 'dissing' him as a result.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
I'm not sure if I heard it right, but it sounded like WSCR has something personal against him and were 'dissing' him as a result.

i would guess offman dissing him

That group on 35th despises the local media so much it's no surprise that the Chicago writers would be out of the loop here. I can't remember the last trade that was broken in a Chicago paper. They've been broken by either Levine (flagship) or the other team's local media.