GAME THREAD 7-8-2005 SOX vs A's

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I absolutely agree with you.  Makes the whole "sunday lineup" even more puzzling to me.  For the life of me, I don't know why Ozzie let Willie bat in the 8th.  He has to know that he had no confidence at the plate.

Why do we rest so many players at once.

Arow

Frank

Gooch

Having Willie Harris bat 2nd is not going to work. He has a hard time making contact.

If Arow is out, Ozuna should play and bat 2nd.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:16 AM)
I hope Ozzie gives Pierzynski the day off tomarrow.

If he doesn't, then I will not even watch the game. Especially considering Widger has hit Zito hard this season, AJP better not be playing. I don't understand why we had him and PK batting back-to-back tonight. Was Ozzie just trying to set the record for the slowest consecutive hitters in history?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
Good job Timo, Viz, Walker.

Nice lethargic performance everyone else.

Oh well - s*** happens, gotta bounce back.

LOL this is the funiest. Subtract these 3 guys from the team, replace them with real major leaguers, and we have a few more wins this season. That we're congratulating them on a well played game tells you how bad we were tonight.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
With crowd tonight lineup was horses***

Imagine my excitement when I heard the lineups on my car radio while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with >$100 worth of tickets in my hand.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
Imagine my excitement when I heard the lineups on my car radio while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with >$100 worth of tickets in my hand.

Southpark meets the Whitesox

3E8 : That does it! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!!!

Ozzie: What are you doing?

3E8: I'm declaring Shenanigans on you. This game is rigged.

Ozzie: Shenanigans?

Kenny comes along

Kenny: What's all the hoo-hah?

3E8: Kenny, I wanna declare Shenanigans on Ozzie.

Kenny: Why?

3E8: This game is fixed. Timo and Willie playing at the same time. Aaron, Big Hurt, and Gooch on the bench. How much did I spend.

Kenny: If that is true, then your declaration of Shenanigans is just. What do you have to say Ozzie?

Ozzie: I make the focking Lineup. I AM THE GOD DAMN MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny: Yes, man you can't just go declaring shenanigans on innocent people, that's how wars get started! Come again to the park.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
Southpark meets the Whitesox

3E8 : That does it! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!!!

Ozzie: What are you doing?

3E8: I'm declaring Shenanigans on you. This game is rigged.

Ozzie: Shenanigans?

Kenny comes along

Kenny: What's all the hoo-hah?

3E8: Kenny, I wanna declare Shenanigans on Ozzie.

Kenny: Why?

3E8: This game is fixed. Timo and Willie playing at the same time.  Aaron, Big Hurt, and Gooch on the bench.  How much did I spend.

Kenny: If that is true, then your declaration of Shenanigans is just. What do you have to say Ozzie?

Ozzie: I make the focking Lineup.  I AM THE GOD DAMN MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny: Yes, man you can't just go declaring shenanigans on innocent people, that's how wars get started! Come again to the park.

An elephant f***s a pig. Classic episode.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
Oh and the guy sitting next to me was wearing a full Shoeless Joe Jackson uniform down to the weird bowling-type shoes and he sucked.  What did I do to deserve this?

Love Timo.

This was just a blah game. If Tadahito is in there this is probably a victory, Willie was horrendous today. Scott's on 2nd twice with nobody out, he doesn't even attempt a bunt(he showed the first time but didn't attempt one) then he doesn't even try hooking the ball to get Scotty over, he was trying to push the ball to the left side for some reason, I don't know what was going through his mind. Sorry about this mini rant and I'm not against Willie or anything like that but he was awful, absolutely awful today.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
LOL this is the funiest. Subtract these 3 guys from the team, replace them with real major leaguers, and we have a few more wins this season. That we're congratulating them on a well played game tells you how bad we were tonight.

They were both good tonight, hate them as much as you want but they did their jobs tonight.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
TImo.

Playing first base.

Perhaps. But IIRC that was also the Kevin Walker game, and Timo's error led to two runs. I think the Sox lost by 3 or 4 runs, so A) Timo had a partner in crime in Walker and B ) Timo's error did not have the same effect on losing as Willie's inability to move the runner over twice in a 2-run game.

Plus, y'know, AJ's throw to Timo wasn't all that great either...

Edited by Frankensteiner