7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
When is Dye gonna move up in the order?  Our hottest hitter for a few months and he's mired in the 6th spot in the order.

Ive been thinking the same thing. They should have Rowand batting sixth and Dye hitting 5th.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I agree -- until Konerko starts hitting CONSISTENTLY, move him down.

Paulie was pretty consistent last Sunday, but you're right. He should be batting sixth or seventh until he shows some consistency.

Maybe we should move Dye fourth, Konerko fifth, and Rowand sixth.

The problem is that the bottom of the lineup is doing nothing(AJ, Crede, and Uribe). I hope Crede is healthy and can now contribute offensively.

Konerko is way too streaky but the last few games he has gotten some hits. Pods and Guch are doing their jobs just that Ozzie had been giving Iguchi to many days off and Willie was playing too much.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Ive been thinking the same thing.  They should have Rowand batting sixth and Dye hitting 5th.

Dye should be batting 4th. He has been hot over the last month and a half. Konerko is a pull monkey homer or nothing machine right now. He either K's, pulls the ball to the SS or 3rd baseman or hits it out of the park. Methinks the $$$$ of power numbers have completely clouded Paullys hitting philosophy this year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
When is Dye gonna move up in the order?  Our hottest hitter for a few months and he's mired in the 6th spot in the order.

While I agree that moving a hot hitter up in the order is sometimes necassary, I think If you move Dye up then the bottom half of the order will lack alot of punch. Sometimes its good to spread the wealth, IMHO. Dye isnt suffering for it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
While I agree that moving a hot hitter up in the order is sometimes necassary, I think If you move Dye up then the bottom half of the order will lack alot of punch. Sometimes its good to spread the wealth, IMHO.  Dye isnt suffering for it.

I would rather have Dye hitting with the two guys up front and Mr. OBP Thomas on base instead of the Rally Killer GIDP because he is trying to park the first pitch into the stands.

Konerko can work on his swing at the number 5 role and still get plenty of chances to strand runners.