7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
While I agree that we need some offensive help and it is showing today, I'm not blaming our poor performance today entirely on our offense.  Nate Robertson ain't bad.  He's actually pretty good.  Gotta give him some credit.

I wouldnt mind trying to pick up Lawton from the Pirates... the guy draws walks and has some pop, not to mention he is a LH bat..

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
While I agree that we need some offensive help and it is showing today, I'm not blaming our poor performance today entirely on our offense.  Nate Robertson ain't bad.  He's actually pretty good.  Gotta give him some credit.

Farmio was doing a number on the sox and how not everyone is Cy Young. How our offense is struggling.

Maybe its not just a few people in game threads thinking this.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Widger with a bomb.. only need one to tie now... still impossible?

TRU.. since you've been gone we have a new game thread format... everyone b****es, moans, and complains because we suck and will soon crash and burn and finish behind Detroit.. ;)

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
I wouldnt mind trying to pick up Lawton from the Pirates... the guy draws walks and has some pop, not to mention he is a LH bat..

No where to play him. I do like Lawton as well though.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)

Im talking overall throughout the season. Our numbers speaks for themselves. Typically the middle of the order has at least 1 300 hitter, some serious OPS, and tons of RBI's especially with our lead off guys. The fact is, this isnt happening in our lineup. Scotty should have more runs, and the middle guys should have more RBI's, OPS, and BA

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)

i think it's the way our offense has looked. Lots of pop ups ground outs and K's.

With the negative views today on a team that may possibly lose just their 31st game at the end of July, makes me wonder if Cardinal fans think their team sucks too since they lost to lowly Milwaukee last night :banghead

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
TRU.. since you've been gone we have a new game thread format... everyone b****es, moans, and complains because we suck and will soon crash and burn and finish behind Detroit..  ;)

I take it hes back from suspension??

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Farmio was doing a number on the sox and how not everyone is Cy Young.  How our offense is struggling. 

Maybe its not just a few people in game threads thinking this.

I agree that our offense is struggling, and I'm all for picking up another bat. Just saying that the good pitching we've seen the past couple nights ain't helping matters. Hell, Douglass looked filthy in game 1.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Im talking overall throughout the season.  Our numbers speaks for themselves.  Typically the middle of the order has at least 1 300 hitter, some serious OPS, and tons of RBI's especially with our lead off guys.  The fact is, this isnt happening in our lineup.  Scotty should have more runs, and the middle guys should have more RBI's, OPS, and BA

We rank near the 12th out of 14 AL teams in BA and OBP.

Our hitters are not patient and swing at bad pitches. If they worked counts more and hit pitches in the strikezone both of these numbers would be higher overall.