7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
No where to play him.  I do like Lawton as well though.

He can play OF or DH giving people rests where they need them.. who knows, im sure we could find a way

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
We rank near the 12th out of 14 AL teams in BA and OBP.   

Our hitters are not patient and swing at bad pitches.  If they worked counts more and hit pitches in the strikezone both of these numbers would be higher overall.

Not gonna change any time soon. Our line-up is surrounded by guys who do not take pitches. Crede is almost always 0-2 it seems, uribe, rowand, pierzyski, ozuna. I really want to know why ozuna ever leads off. He takes about three pitches an at-bat... not acceptable.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
With the negative views today on a team that may possibly lose just their 31st game at the end of July, makes me wonder if Cardinal fans think their team sucks too since they lost to lowly Milwaukee last night  :banghead

I think our bullpen and top 3 starters are awesome. I also love what Pods and Iguchi have done for us this season. But why is it such a crime to want upgrades in some other areas.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Not gonna change any time soon. Our line-up is surrounded by guys who do not take pitches. Crede is almost always 0-2 it seems, uribe, rowand, pierzyski, ozuna. I really want to know why ozuna ever leads off. He takes about three pitches an at-bat... not acceptable.

Probably cause he has about a .370 obp when leading off.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
We rank near the 12th out of 14 AL teams in BA and OBP.   

Our hitters are not patient and swing at bad pitches.  If they worked counts more and hit pitches in the strikezone both of these numbers would be higher overall.

I wouldnt mind it as much from the bottom of the order, but our middle couldnt hold weight on the rest of the first place teams.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I think our bullpen and top 3 starters are awesome. I also love what Pods and Iguchi have done for us this season. But why is it such a crime to want upgrades in some other areas.

Because of the overly-pessimistic you voice your opinions?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
I wouldnt mind it as much from the bottom of the order, but our middle couldnt hold weight on the rest of the first place teams.

Except for the Nats or Padres, but that's the NL.