7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Don't expect kenny to overreact because of one series.  If he makes a move it'll be because it makes sense for the team not because they lost 1 series and not just to make a move.

exactly but a series like this is going to put his ass into high gear

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Don't expect kenny to overreact because of one series.  If he makes a move it'll be because it makes sense for the team not because they lost 1 series and not just to make a move.

Acutally 3 out of 5 series. We won the tampa series and the injun series we lost two to the A's and now to the tigers.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
Hawk just said buehrle, garland, contreras, and garcia.

Unless they're planning on pitching Freddy on 3 days rest that ain't happening

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
well i don't  like our chances against Clement tomorrow, hopefully Buehrle brings his A game.

Clement hasn't been that effective lately. He may be entering his fade a little earlier this season. They go against Clement, Wakefield, Miller and Arroyo. They can win 3 of these games.

Its all about a latin name I guess.

Well we have a lefty hitting in AAA at about a .380 clip with an over .1.00 OPS. But he cant play OF so he stays down. If his name was Gloadriguez he is up and playing.

We have a midget who masquarades as a 1st baseman because he can pinch hit and provides a dancing partner for our manager.

We have Willie who should be anywhere but here, but he is here, because Gload isnt liked.

If you are latin and a pitcher you can throw 100 pitches and then start that inning.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)

Well we have a lefty hitting in AAA at about a .380 clip with an over .1.00 OPS.  But he cant play OF so he stays down.  If his name was Gloadriguez he is up and playing.

We have a midget who masquarades as a 1st baseman because he can pinch hit and provides a dancing partner for our manager.

We have Willie who should be anywhere but here, but he is here, because Gload isnt liked.

If you are latin and a pitcher you can throw 100 pitches and then start that inning.

Willie's fooled me, I could have sworn he wasn't latin. :huh :headshake

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)

Well we have a lefty hitting in AAA at about a .380 clip with an over .1.00 OPS.  But he cant play OF so he stays down.  If his name was Gloadriguez he is up and playing.

you need to lay off the latin crap dude...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Clement hasn't been that effective lately. He may be entering his fade a little earlier this season. They go against Clement, Wakefield, Miller and Arroyo. They can win 3 of these games.

Clement, Wakefield, Miller and Arroyo will all look much better though when facing the White Sox lineup as opposed to that of the Yankees, Orioles, or Blue Jays.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Why because Ozzie values his latin players a bit more.  I am sure Timo would be playing 1st for the Angels late in games.

No.. because it's ignorant and incredibly racist sounding.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)

I actually like our chances against those 4. None of them have ERA's under 4, and Miller has been crap.

Edited by KevHead0881