White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
This is why Uribe is batting in the .230's. 

Even Bruuce Levine is talking about our bad pitch selection and we dont get on base.  Maybe this will finally sink in with everyone.  Our offense isnt very good.  AJ Burnett would be nice and all.  But we need Bats.  Vizquell should be somone to target.  Our pitching will not be the reason we falter.  It will be our bats, just like in 2000.

Yep. Perfect post.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Just be thankful this slump is taking place now, and not in two weeks.  It's a good thing that Ozzie/KW are seeing this team struggle right now.  I don't think it's critical to say they've been a little full of themselves lately.  I've seen way too many comments about how if it's not broke, we won't fix it.

This terrible homestand has shown the powers that be the holes on this team can't be ignored if they want the ultimate prize. You're exactly right, its good that this happens now rather than 2 weeks from now when trying to fix it becomes even harder.

Maybe they'll have the Sunday lineup tomorrow.

Pods - CF

Ozuna - 3b

Iguchi - 2b

Konerko -DH

Everett - RF

Gload - LF

Perez - 1b

Widger - C

Harris - SS

I wonder how many errors we could get out of that one.

My fear is that when we play these teams with great offenses (Red Sox, Rangers, Tigers, Yankees), unless we get a great pitching performance (like we have the last two games), we need our offense to overachieve in order to outscore the opposition. It's almost the opposite of how it was in the past.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Maybe they'll have the Sunday lineup tomorrow.

Pods - CF

Ozuna - 3b

Iguchi - 2b

Konerko -DH

Everett - RF

Gload - LF

Perez - 1b

Widger - C

Harris - SS

I wonder how many errors we could get out of that one.

Don't be surprised if that is the lineup..........Seriously

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Paulie popping up and Everett striking out with men on was a huge flashback to our 3-4-5 hitters against Seattle in 2000.

2000 playoffs. Maggs, Lee, Frank, and Konerko combined 3-40.

Frank and Konerko combined 0-18.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
Paulie popping up and Everett striking out with men on was a huge flashback to our 3-4-5 hitters against Seattle in 2000.

Come on, now you're just being negative.

Edited by Big Hurtin

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Here's what the lineup should be tomorrow, but it wont be:

LF  Pods

CF  Rowand

RF  Everett

DH  PK

1b  Gload

C  AJP

3b  Crede

SS  Ozuna

2b  Harris

Remember, Arroyo is lights out against righties.

I don't want to see Harris in the lineup.........AGAIN!!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
2000 playoffs. Maggs, Lee, Frank, and Konerko combined 3-40.

Frank and Konerko combined 0-18.

If KW resigns Konerko for any amount of money I would be upset. He is a rally killer and is a one dimensional pull monkey. Lyle Overbay would be something to consider.

The sad thing is we have our big three to shut down the other teams. All they need is anyone who can spot a fastball on the outside corner.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
I don't want to see Harris in the lineup.........AGAIN!!

If Harris is on the team, he needs to start against pitchers that have splits like Arroyo does. It's not like Iguchi is tearing the cover off of the ball.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
If KW resigns Konerko for any amount of money I would be upset.  He is a rally killer and is a one dimensional pull monkey.  Lyle Overbay would be something to consider. 

The sad thing is we have our big three to shut down the other teams.  All they need is anyone who can spot a fastball on the outside corner.

Heck, all they need is someone who could throw outside period.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Awful offensive effort.

It's getting very worrisome.....even for me. For some reason, I dont know if it's cause Dye's out of the lineup, we just seem to have a really bad lineup lately. We needed a knuckleballer to make our bat speed look good.

AJ is now a pull monkey home run hitter like the rest of our lineup. It only took walker half a year to destroy a career of being an all fields hitter.

Gooch was doing well until late May. Methinks that Greg either hired a translator or he got an english to japanese dictionary. Like all of our hitters his average is plummetting.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
If KW resigns Konerko for any amount of money I would be upset.  He is a rally killer and is a one dimensional pull monkey.  Lyle Overbay would be something to consider. 

The sad thing is we have our big three to shut down the other teams.  All they need is anyone who can spot a fastball on the outside corner.

good post :cheers