White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Uh oh, lightning never strikes in the same place twice... :ph34r:

I f***ING HATE STRETCH.  I'm so close to muting the game just because of that call.

I don't mind it when it's warranted. But I hate it when it doesn't even reach the warning track. :headshake

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
Is it just me...or do the Red Sox seem to be stealing signals and know when the Sox are running?

What are you talking about? We have no one to blame but ourselves for the base running blounders. It's not like the Red Sox are doing pitch-outs.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Who was that one bench coach we had that was supposed to be the best sign stealer in the game?  He retired a few years ago because of heart problems or something.

Nossek?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Who was that one bench coach we had that was supposed to be the best sign stealer in the game?  He retired a few years ago because of heart problems or something.

Joe Nossek.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Duque's looking sharper now.  Just no more fastballs down the cock to Manny, and he might have a chance to give up less than 4 runs tonight.

At some point, he's going to have to face Ortiz and Manny again. I'll decide how well he's doing if he can get through those two without giving up much more.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
Nothing like seeing a bench player get overexposed.  Why even bother calling up Gload if you're not going to use him?  Keep us in the game Duque!

Ditto, Timo and harris suck !

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
What are you talking about?  We have no one to blame but ourselves for the base running blounders.  It's not like the Red Sox are doing pitch-outs.

What I'm talkin about is...didn't you notice Varitek on Gooch and Timo's last K....the dude's standing up for God's sake....that's what I'm talkin about. They knew the Sox were running.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
What I'm talkin about is...didn't you notice Varitek on Gooch and Timo's last K....the dude's standing up for God's sake....that's what I'm talkin about.  They knew the Sox were running.

It was a 2 strike high fastball to Timo. That's why he was standing. Also, he was standing for Pods cause who didn't know he was running? In case you haven't noticed, that's the way Varitek is behind home. He stands taller than any catcher I've seen.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
What I'm talkin about is...didn't you notice Varitek on Gooch and Timo's last K....the dude's standing up for God's sake....that's what I'm talkin about.  They knew the Sox were running.

That looked like a hit n run gone bad to me :huh: